Anyone out this weekend?

andybysea

Oct 15, 2008
South east Scotland.
Weather is just to good to pass up,anyone getting out? Im just about to get dropped off for a overnighter on a bit of coast only accessible by the sea, will get some piccy's up when i get back.

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
Sadly I've got to work tomorrow :(

Plus the wife is away at her mums till monday so I'll just be bimbling around the local woods with the dogs

nuggets

Native
Jan 31, 2010
england
YEE haa !!! Off to the lakes for a bit of canoeing and fishing with a cheeky overnighter on one of the islands on the lake !!!:rolleyes:;)

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
Trying my damndest to blag a pass out but after being in Scotland last week negotiations are not going too well so far.

Harvestman

Bushcrafter through and through
May 11, 2007
Pontypool, Wales, Uk
Wife has inconveniently run away with the car. On the plus side she's not back until tomorrow, so its a takeaway and beer for me tonight. She'll never know.

andybysea

Oct 15, 2008
South east Scotland.
Well im back,and typical the weather turned! wet and chilly,plus for the scond time ive gone and broken my phone,my misses gives me her cast off's when she gets a new one,as im not particularly tech minded,i was out with Minstrel off the forum a few months ago, had phone in combat trouser pockets,sat on a rock to make a brew and broken the screen,new phone yesterday had it 2hrs and have done the same,so excuse the few pic's,which are also poor due to me getting there at last light.

Someone must have stayed here years ago,

dowlaw006-1.jpg

and another place,

dowlaw007.jpg

darkness here civilisation light's the horizon,

dowlaw011.jpg

time to light a fire,

dowlaw013.jpg

and get a brew on,

dowlaw016-1.jpg

and then the camera back in pocket which led to its death, weather changed overnight, i slept just under a U.S poncho in sleeping bag and bivi bag,where the grass met the shore, in the morning,went for a walk along the coast you can access 3 other beach's from here each get's more rugged.

coln18

Native
Aug 10, 2009
Loch Lomond, Scotland
Nice one Andy, glad to see your getting out and about again, i take it your starting to feel better now, nice pics mate, shame about the phone, i did it last year with a brand new HTC Desire, forgot to put it in a dry bag and the only time ive capsized a canoe, end of that phone im afraid....never mind

JAG009

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 20, 2010
Under your floor
Nice one Andy, glad to see your getting out and about again, i take it your starting to feel better now, nice pics mate, shame about the phone, i did it last year with a brand new HTC Desire, forgot to put it in a dry bag and the only time ive capsized a canoe, end of that phone im afraid....never mind

Never mind your phone!!!! I was in the canoe when you capsized it, it was nearly the end of me !!!!:yikes: glad to hear it was just your phone you were thinking of !
cheers buddy i will remember that !!

Jason

Miyagi

Aug 6, 2008
South Queensferry
Weather is just to good to pass up,anyone getting out? Im just about to get dropped off for a overnighter on a bit of coast only accessible by the sea, will get some piccy's up when i get back.

Don't go ingesting any water this time! Have you heard from Stooboy or has he won the big one on the lottery?

Is that a different area you went to Andy , good ti see you oot again bud ...

You mean an area that doesn't require the ability of a mountain goat to get to? This one must be awkward as he went in by boat...

Liam

andybysea

Oct 15, 2008
South east Scotland.
Yep a new beach,didnt get chance to take pic's of it though before phones death! Liam more Eagle than goat for access,and one with stamnia mucho stamina!(there's no track at all, and its rather high cliffs and vegation,hence being dropped off) i dont get the ingesting water bit? but ive not heard from stooboy or seen him for 1yr,last i heard he's loved up! Look forward to another trip out with you John,will keep you posted re Brother.

Miyagi

Aug 6, 2008
South Queensferry
Ingesting water Andy; nose, mouth, hands, snorkeling... e coli mate!

Stooboy's loved up? When are we holding the wake? We'll need to stage a rescue!

Sounds like a great place to be shipwrecked, did you return by boat or climb/scramble out?

Liam

andybysea

Oct 15, 2008
South east Scotland.
Liam should have told you i didnt get E-coli that way as ive had it again since back in January and along with that and many really really nice(not) test it was'nt through ingesting anything, to be fair to the Doc's though they still have no firm idea why,which gives me alot of confidence!( now down to two ideas) Stooboy, ive tried pm ing him a few times no response, it would be good to get the ''old team'' back together for a winter beach camp,but i think he's gone off radar,got picked up on way out.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE