Anyone near Manchester

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Phaestos

Sep 8, 2012
Manchester
Hi there,

I'm fairly new to bushcraft, but have got a level head on my shoulders, and already have a few skills under my belt. As im currently living in Manchester, I have no idea where I can go to practice this craft, so am wondering if anyone fancies meeting for a day, or an overnight camp somewhere a car-less student can get to.

Thanks,

Matt

The Ratcatcher

Apr 3, 2011
Manchester, UK
Hi, Matt

There are lots of us around Manchester. Take a look at Greater Manchester Bushcraft Group, or PM me for more information.(You might need to reach a minimum number of posts before you can send PMs, 10 I think.)

Alan

noonan79

Tenderfoot
Nov 10, 2012
cheshire
I'm in northwich mate, not too far away. I should be able to offer a lift if you get stuck for transport and I can make the meet. Welcome aboard.

crowman

Forager
Oct 27, 2009
derbyshire
hello phaestos i think we met at middlewood in october im from stockport area and me and riam who was at middlewood are often out over the winter for a few camps ill let you know when were next out, hopefully it will be snowing most of the woods that we use are not far from public transport .

Phaestos

Sep 8, 2012
Manchester
Cor! You guys took a while getting back to me! This was posted a few months back. I've met a few people in the area now so it's all good. Thanks for the replies though guys. Crowman, please, get in touch. I'm popping back to Middlewood halfway through this month to try bivvying, but anymore would be grand!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE