Anyone looking for a wood in the borders .

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

bojit

Native
Aug 7, 2010
Edinburgh
I was just having a wee browse at building plots and spotted a cracking wee woodland in Innerleithen in the Scottish borders , 5 acres for £12k doesn't seem like a bad deal . It is a bit to close to the village for my liking but does sound good .

http://www.uklanddirectory.org.uk/land-for-sale.asp?id=16067

So does anyone have a spare £12 grand that they can give me ? In return i will let you camp for free ! :)

Craig...........

Nov 29, 2004
Scotland
I think if I lived in Innerleithen I'd try to get my neighbours to chip in, just to keep the developers at bay.

I used to live near Traquair, it is a nice part of the world.

Here is a picture of the wood from the hill to the east.

:)

Last edited:

bojit

Native
Aug 7, 2010
Edinburgh
I think if I lived in Innerleithen I'd try to get my neighbours to chip in, just to keep the developers at bay.

I used to live near Traquair, it is a nice part of the world.

Here is a picture of the wood from the hill to the east.

:)
I have done a bit of walking in the area years ago and it is a good part of the world .
It does seem too close to the village to get any piece and quiet over a weekend , probably used by a lot of the locals for walking their dogs as it seems a nice spot .

Craig..........

Oct 5, 2009
Sheffield
I wouldn't get too excited about anything listed on uklanddirectory, most of the entries have long since sold or are inaccurate. You do occasional find a current one but the signal to noise ratio is so low it makes it a pretty pointless tool for finding land.

demographic

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 15, 2005
-------------
Too close to a village for me, there's big tracts of woodland closer to Kielder and sometimes small areas come up for sale.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE