Anyone know where can I get cheap whisky?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

daveO

Native
Jun 22, 2009
South Wales
Now that the brambles are ripening up my mind is turning to making a batch of bramble whisky. Last years was so good it's nearly gone. I can't seem to find cheap enough whisky though, last year you could get a litre of Grouse for anywhere as low as £13 but it's way up now I'm tempted to just freeze the berries and wait for the xmas price drops at this rate. There must be some offers on somewhere right?

daveO

Native
Jun 22, 2009
South Wales
The cheapest I can find is Asda at the moment at about £16 a litre which isn't too bad. I stocked up last xmas when it was £13 a litre but it seems to have disappeared already :rolleyes:

MattB

Jul 9, 2012
UK
Remember that the duty on a litre of whisky (plus the VAT on that duty) is £12.86 alone, so you're going to struggle to get anything cheaper than £15 a litre.

daveO

Native
Jun 22, 2009
South Wales
I highly recommend it. I also did a damson whisky and then a honey rum using the damsons that had been soaking in the whisky afterwards. Lovely :)

tiger stacker

Native
Dec 30, 2009
Glasgow
Lots of supermarket own brands out there, nothing wrong with bells or grouse, sure beats the romanian version 10 years ago. There was a report from a foreign correspondant, saying the tribal elders thought snnapps was superior to whisky or brandy.

mountainm

Bushcrafter through and through
Jan 12, 2011
Selby
www.mikemountain.co.uk
Raisins and Cinnamon with a single clove in brandy or whisky makes a great christmas drink. I then freeze the left over whisky drenched raisin and serve them with ice cream

fishfish

Jul 29, 2007
wiltshire
you could also make your own whisky,it is perfectly legal as long as you dont give it away or sell it ,also i believe there is a limit on the quantity that you may make,if you do make more you will need all manner of paperwork. you dont need a lot of kit .

daveO

Native
Jun 22, 2009
South Wales
Just reminding myself to buy whisky now at £14 a litre and save it till next year. I'm sure it won't get drunk in the meantime :rolleyes:

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
There are a few sorry looking things hanging around the hedgerows, but I've got a kg in the freezer :D

I bought a bottle of Lidl's cheap malt whisky last week, £17.49 or thereabouts; my malt drinker son2 actually handed me money for it, he said the reviewers were right, it was surprisingly good :) Ben Bracken iirc.

cheers,
Toddy

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE