Anyone know of any good Tarps?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

walker

Oct 27, 2006
devon
Hi there's lots of tarps for under £30 if you look around I carnt remember what make mine is but was under £30 and has lasted a few years sometimes ex army tarps come up for sale cheap eg desert pattern or flectarn if you like that sort of thing but the first to remember is that its just a sheet of waterproof material so don't get fooled by sales banter . happy shopping

walker

Oct 27, 2006
devon
Just this minute looked on eBay I put in bushcraft tarp and a new desert pattern tarp came up in the search for £25 inc post

ex-member BareThrills

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Dec 5, 2011
United Kingdom
Just this minute looked on eBay I put in bushcraft tarp and a new desert pattern tarp came up in the search for £25 inc post

Aye army bashas go for about that but they are not the biggest tarp. Dd 3x3 would be the smallest id consider. Good luck with the hunt

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

wattsy

Native
Dec 10, 2009
Lincoln
I wish I'd never seen that link in the original post I'm sat here thinking about stuff I can sell to buy more now

Druss

Forager
Jul 28, 2013
Leeds
Been looking into this myself the last week. The DD tarp is what i have been told from many sources on here and other places is the best value for money. Buying one myself next month. Can't recommend it personally yet as I don't have it but I have put the hours in researching it so thought I would share my conclusions. Like i say I'm not vouching for the tarp but many others do. I am going to buy this one http://www.ddhammocks.com/product/ddtarp_olive_green_3x3 the 3x3 in olive green.

Mang

Settler
These are pretty cheap http://www.nicks-kit.co.uk/dpm-basha-129-p.asp not to sure on delivery charges though.

I'm waiting on a British Army bivi bag from him...As suggested above a good price but a bit of a saga getting it (posted today hopefully).

Consider the DD tarp M, I've tried it twice in poor weather and it's slight extra length really covers the hammock nicely. Size wise it's 3.5m x 2.4m and I can't see me going back to my 3m x 3m DD tarp any time soon.

Turnstone

Nomad
Apr 9, 2013
Germany
I just bought a Terra Nova Adventure Tarp. Size is 248 x 290 cm. I paid 45 EUR and can't wait to try it. It might be a little bit too small for a hammock, but I don't have a hammock, and after some research I decided that this size should be perfect for a single person even in bad weather.

leedsbrew

Forager
May 15, 2013
Leeds
Lay to the party I know but I've got the DD 3x3 as well as an Ex Army basha as an admin shelter.

The DD was the business in Galloway with what can only be described as fookin strong winds! Lol

Frosty11

Tenderfoot
Sep 18, 2013
County Durham
I've been looking at the hex fly for my HH, which is the larger upgrade tarp to the one that comes with all the henneseys. On ebay at £50, but maybe a bit pricey compared to others.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 2

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE