Anyone had dealings with walkhigh.co.uk?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Walkhigh

May 20, 2011
UK
The tubular tape comes in 18mm and 26mm widths with 1000kg and 1650kg breaking loads respectively so either of these would be fine for that application. This stuff gets used for loads of different things other than climbing tat: because its hollow we also get quite a lot of scuba divers using it to protect their air pipes against chafing. I've also used it to cover chain to prevent rattling and make it nicer to handle but is also used in patient hoists in hospitals, repairing sofa webbing etc.

Dean.

Trunks

May 31, 2008
Haworth
If anyone has not had the goods or their money back then please get in touch and I will investigate and put this right. I'm happy to do this via the forum but its easier to email me at sales@walkhigh.co.uk

I don't think my order was ever resolved Dean. Thanks for the offer, I'll look into it and drop you an email :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gaitero

Mar 4, 2011
Upper Clydesdale, Scotland
I ordered goods from Walkhigh in February 2011 Dean. You took my money and never supplied the goods. Never refunded the money. Never apologised. Never acknowledged or responded to any communication by phone/voicemail, email or letter since then over an 11 month period to the present day. Luckily I got my credit card company to refund, but that does not excuse your disgraceful behaviour. If, as you say, you had difficult circumstances and you could not fulfil orders the honest thing to do would have been to cease taking money.

As per Outdoors Magic today my Order Number was DH26PQ30011093 dated 24 February if you want to look into it. But words and soft soap will not easily persuade me to trust Walk High again or recommend them to anyone.

Trunks

May 31, 2008
Haworth
Never apologised.

For anyone affected at the time please accept my sincere apologies.

I see you've only made two posts on this forum, both on this thread, so it obviously got you mad, but IMHO you're being a bit harsh here.

I know (as i started this thread), it's a pain when a company screws up. But Dean has obviously had some major problems both personal and with the ordering systems of the business, so bad, its taken over a year to get back to normality.

Why not give the chap a break and move on?

Gaitero

Mar 4, 2011
Upper Clydesdale, Scotland
Thanks Trunks

I have moved on in that I have given up expecting any sort of response from this outfit. But taking money, without sorting out which he clearly did to me and many others is not acceptable. I hear his story. I have no idea whether this is genuine or not. If it is I am sorry for that, but I still think he could and should have done more. If it isn't, well...

All I am saying is that I was conned and it hasn't been put right, so I personally wouldn't trust him at the moment. I am not alone. Things may be fine now, or they may not - for example his website had a notice on last year saying they had had a few problems but they were all solved now - clearly not. I don't know. But I think people should be aware of the history before they choose to risk their money. It is, at the end of the day, their choice. But, personally, I would want to make an informed choice, and I guess others may too.

Ultimately the guy has to rebuild credibility, and that will take time.

Trunks

May 31, 2008
Haworth
I agree the whole escapade was a shambles, with website statuses saying things were back to normal, when they clearly weren't.

But, fair play to Dean, he didn't need to register with BCUK and try to clear the air.

My order was never sorted with Barclays, but I have sent Dean the details & will see what happens now.

Gaitero, did you get refunded by your credit card company then?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Walkhigh

May 20, 2011
UK
Trunks: Many many thanks for emailing me, I have replied directly to you.

Gaitero : I cant say I'm entirely sure of forum etiquette on this so I have replied to you and the other issues you and others raised in a detailed response on the other forum so wont repeat that reply in this thread except to say that our records show you were fully refunded following your chargeback claim at the time.

To everyone else that has responded particularly those with kind thoughts, I cannot say in words just how much I appreciate your understanding, Thank You.

Status
Not open for further replies.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE