Anyone got one of these?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Fraxinus

Settler
Oct 26, 2008
Canterbury
I always give stuff a swerve when it is advertised as "self defence" doubly so when it is a bladed item. At that price and bearing in mind the country of origin, you are more likely to end up out of pocket, hurt or in court for carrying a weapon.
Knives are tools, as a stick is also a tool but both can be re-purposed for defence or attack dependant on one's mindset but if the stick is advertised as being for "self defence" then it becomes a weapon in court regardless of intent.
If you want a multi-tool get a Leatherman or ....heaven help me.... a Gerber

Rob.

Robbi

Mar 1, 2009
northern ireland
Just ordered one :)

I reckon it will be great for shell fish, mussels oyster limpets etc :)

Look beyond the " self defence " bit

Last edited:

spandit

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 6, 2011
East Sussex, UK
It's called the Pocket Shiv, for goodness' sake...

37687-8.jpg

Tuscor

Tenderfoot
Mar 12, 2014
Bristol
I don't think courts are so short sighted as to only look at what something was advertised as... you'll not get in trouble solely for buying something advertised as "for self defence".

If you get in trouble it will be becuase you carried or used something in a manner that is against the law!

pysen78

Forager
Oct 10, 2013
Stockholm
I've looked at these for EDC. Swedish knife laws are similar to British, but the purpose of the blade is the more arguable point, rather than blade length, locking/non locking etc.
Anyways. I figure the above style of knife will be left at home more often than not, and the survival-spear option is just silly. Instead I put one of these on my key ring:
http://www.swisstechtools.com/proddetail.aspx?pid=5
Does the everyday type jobs of cutting blister-packs, and trimming zip-ties. But could do other things too I recon. Works as firesteel scraper too.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE