anyone got a 7" KA-BAR or similar for trade?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Landy_Dom

Nomad
Jan 11, 2006
Mold, North Wales
as above... I've a hankering for a KA-BAR or similar marine / aircrew knife. There's been some talk on here that's got me thinking, and I used to have a 5" ontario pilot knife all through my time as a scout, but stupidly gave it away - regret it now :(

khimbar

Nomad
Jan 5, 2005
birmingham uk
Pretty sure I have an Ontario pilot's knife somewhere. Interested?

Have no idea what I'd like in trade, all I'm after atm is a black gilet/vest of some sort. Other than that I'll have a think.

kINGPIN

Nomad
Dec 14, 2009
Cambridgeshire UK
I've got an unused Ontario (stacked leather, all black) 'kabar', the problem is there is not much bushcrafty stuff I want anymore unless you can give me some ideas or tempt me with something good.

Landy_Dom

Nomad
Jan 11, 2006
Mold, North Wales
some ideas of what I've dug out do far for potential swaps:

german army poncho (coat / tarp / groundsheet / bivi bag / etc. etc.)
hard anodised aluminium cookset (1-2 person)
WW1 era brass / leather cased small military binos
4 person size stainless MSR pan set (2 pans and a frypan/lid, with trangia style handle)
3 blade locking folder (plain / skinner / saw)

I'm sure there's more... I'll post more when I think of it.

Dom.

Robbi

Mar 1, 2009
northern ireland
is the bittom one the type you're looking for ?

knifex2001.jpg

Landy_Dom

Nomad
Jan 11, 2006
Mold, North Wales
either an aircrew knife, as above, or a marine knife, pictured below. Either way I'm after a stacked leather handle version, preferably in original sheath. Tatty condition is not important.

KA-BAR.jpg

kINGPIN

Nomad
Dec 14, 2009
Cambridgeshire UK
I've emailed you the pics now. Knife is unused as I am a bit of a collector, there are minor 'rubs' not scratches on the blade from the times I have removed it from the sheath to admire over the years other then that it is in the same condition you would buy from the shop. Ontarios are not as refined looking as the kabars but they are tough as old boots and look good for it. Any questions please ask.

Andy

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE