Anyone familar with tastethewild.co.uk Bushcraft courses ?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Maxip

Forager
Dec 2, 2011
Cumbria, UK
Looking for a basic / intro course into Bushcraft and had a look at many sites & courses and they all seem to be offer slightly different things so thought I'd ask for some advice. Came across this Introduction to Bushcraft course in North Yorkshire that seems to looks pretty good. I asked them for further information and this is what they sent me about the course content;

Our Intro to bushcraft is an entry level course and is targeted at beginners. It is a gentle introduction to back country skills The course runs from Friday night to Sunday afternoon and is based in our own private woodland site in North Yorkshire. Friday evening is spent getting comfortable, exploring the site and induction etc.

Saturday is a long day and topics covered are.
Firelighting. Fire steel, flint and steel and Fire bow. Tinders.
Safe use of tools, Axe, knife and saw
Shelter building. Debris shelters, location, materials, construction, useful knots, tarps and hammocks.
Game preparation. Hygiene, gutting, skinning, cooking.

Sunday
Foraging for food, Making water safe to drink, Cooking over an open fire,
knife skills and camp crafts.

The exact content of the course is dependent on the group, but this is a
fairly standard set of topics/content.

Any comments on this or other courses in the North West appreciated.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE