anyone experience with 68 pattern combat smock?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Bert

Forager
Mar 24, 2016
middle of france
I am wondering if someone here has any experiences with the 68 pattern combat smock?

In what way it compares with the 95 pattern or PCS Smock? Pocketwise and tissuewise?

are the 68Pattern smocks a ventile tissue?

Laurentius

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 13, 2009
Knowhere
If it is the one I am thinking of I would be surprised if there are any still around, I certainly had something of that vintage once, but it eventually rotted and fell apart, certainly was not ventile and of poorer quality than the later soldier 95 stuff.

Wildgoose

May 15, 2012
Middlesex
I had one I think. I upgraded to a 94 part then 95 and didn’t look back.
Fully lined and quite heavy by todays standards, cut was closer too so not as comfortable.

Wildgoose

May 15, 2012
Middlesex
It was a solid jacket, felt stiffer than the 94 that followed. It wasn’t particularly windproof nor great in the wet but was warm.
It was fine to wear, didn’t miss it when I traded it though

SCOMAN

Life Member
Dec 31, 2005
Perthshire
Not too sure of the exact origins of this one but it’s a lovely jacket on and pretty much windproof

Apr 8, 2009
Ashdown Forest
I've got one of the original Olive Green 68 pattern jackets - as is mentioned above - heavy, thick cotton, basic jacket. Nice quality, but to be honest other than owning as a curiosity piece (they are increasingly rare these days), you can do better for an outdoors jacket - once they get wet, they stay that way......

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE