Anyone ever seen one of these?

Fraxinus

Settler
Oct 26, 2008
Canterbury
Dawlish not that far from where I live was famous for having a resident group of Black Swans.

Aha! Thats where I saw them. I wasn't sure if it was the aftermath of a visit to the Dawlish Wake scrumpy cider maker or real. :lmao:

Regal looking fellows aren't they?

Rob

Seagull

Settler
Jul 16, 2004
Gåskrikki North Lincs
Perhaps only the Yorkie members would know that , for many years, there was a flock of these Black Swans as residents on Wetwang Pond...and, as the pond was pretty close to a pub used by walkers, I have always imagined there would have been some , "what the h*ll" moments from those who had over-refreshed.
Happy memories.
Ceeg

Bushwhacker

Banned
Jun 26, 2008
Dorset
I've seen a lot in their native country.
I believe there was one at Abbotsbury swannery not long ago. I presume they're escapees from somewhere.

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
Saw two up at Camperdown park years ago - when I was a little-un. Not since then though. Good pic Niels, your putting that new camera to good use.

GB.

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
I remember the Dawlish ones fondly - used to sail from Starcross and still get to Exmouth to see the APs :)

Baelfore

Life Member
Jan 22, 2013
Ireland
Never seen this before. that's pretty cool.

Great photo too.

The fact that they are about to take flight lets you see the wings better. (if that makes sense?):confused:

Regards,
Baelfore

Bowlander

Nov 28, 2011
Forest of Bowland
Perhaps only the Yorkie members would know that , for many years, there was a flock of these Black Swans as residents on Wetwang Pond...and, as the pond was pretty close to a pub used by walkers, I have always imagined there would have been some , "what the h*ll" moments from those who had over-refreshed.
Happy memories.
Ceeg

Years since I've been to Wetwang - very nice roundabout there!

Saw Black Swan the other week at Brockholes - nice looking birds.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE