Anybody up for a gathering in the lakes

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

plastic-ninja

Jan 11, 2011
cumbria
At the moment we are free that weekend so I'll put it in the diary.
Happy to take a passenger in our canoodle.Also I have a MASSIVE van so could conceivably bring some raft stuff if I can find any round Kendal.
What sort of stuff would we need?Pallets I can get.Not sure what else.
Could be fun.
Simon

shutz

Forager
Jan 5, 2011
cumbria
Hi folks, sorry for the delay but been away (not really bushcrafty I'm afraid) Anyway I haven't got hold of the lad at work as he's off at the mo. So as time is a pressing and we could do with something finalising here we go......

I am planning on going to derwent water for an overnighter on the 12th (saturday night) with the canoe.

Any takers (joely, plastic-ninja?).

If forcast isn't too good for canoeing I plan to go to the campsite. I think the forcast on thursday will be good enough to make the call using xcweather. Good chance for tarping.. I will call the campsite to forewarn.... But depending on numbers there always the option of a quiet wild camp.

Will be taking the carving gear and possibly a few little blanks (been thinking about a home made pyro tool that you heat in the fire as well), fire lighting stuff (will prep the polypore i've got) etc.

The rafting idea seems great, anyone else fancy it? and help with materials? I have a couple of bouyancy aids for the "slimmer build"..

Parking wise theres kettlewell which is a great launch site, the marinas, (need to pay a launcing fee), there is also a layby halfway down the lake towards kettlewell (bit tricky to get to the water though but not impossible...)

Any other thoughts folks.

If your interested let me know..
Cheers
Shutz

plastic-ninja

Jan 11, 2011
cumbria
Afraid we are going to have to stay home as some paying work has come up which means an early 6am start for me on Sunday.
Still planning to go to the bushcraftshow in Windermere so hope to see some of you guys there.
Cheers and have a good weekend ,
Simon & Joe

shutz

Forager
Jan 5, 2011
cumbria
Unfortunately after looking forward to this trip, i cannot attend either (sudden family issue) so will have to knock it on the head for now. I will try and sort out some dates in the future. Appologies guys....

The Cumbrian

Nov 10, 2007
The Rainy Side of the Lakes.
Hey Shutz,

I've been offered a job near home, so keep me informed of any future trips. I've been working away for over 18 months now, and I've been nowhere and done nothing, so I'm looking forward to getting out again.

Cheers, Michael.

shutz

Forager
Jan 5, 2011
cumbria
This are getting back on an even keel now thankfully.
If anyone is up to owt in the lakes give us a shout...
Cheers
Shutz

hello i live in the lakes and would be very interested in meeting up im new to bushcraft and although have been haveing a go would like to meet like minded people im in to fishing and hunting so could bring fly rods and pike rods for people to have a go with and im also looking at getting a canoe cheers

enjoy :fishing::campfire:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE