Any watch Time Team last on Ch4?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

jamesdevine

Settler
Dec 22, 2003
Skerries, Co. Dublin
They were excuvating a Mesolithic site at a place called Goldcliff on the Severn (spelling) Estuary.

The site was a camp used by group of Hunter-Gathers. It was pretty good all do as usual a little more time going in to detail would make it better.

From what they found they got an insight in to there diet (fruit, nuts, fish etc.) and what the camp was used for (Autumn home) Plus they also excuvated an Oroxe(again spelling)

They discussed briefly what the effect of the barbed flint arrows would have on this large cow the size of mini bus and with horns as big as Elephant tusks. Would be interesting tackling that one.

They also had some 8000year old tracks as well and they cooked so food as it would have been done ie. mud baked fish etc. Again more here would have been nice.

All round a good programme for the bushcrafter but as I said earlier a bit short.

Can anyone recommand any further books etc. on the this period as it's really caught my interest.

jamesdevine

Settler
Dec 22, 2003
Skerries, Co. Dublin
Sorry guys I am really going to have to slow down when typing my posts and read them more carefully before I submit them.

Thanks for your patience if you have taken the time to read it.

James

RAPPLEBY2000

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Dec 2, 2003
England
me too i saw it, seemed a bit of a waste why not get a huge team and dig out the lot rather than the squares they did.

these sort of programmes are always slightly fustrating for me, a bit of information but usually not quite enough on actuall techniques.

there are various "iron age" or "Icieni" mock up villages around the country where they do practise ancient skills.
which may be interesting for you, im not sure of any that go back that far in history though (the climate has changed too much).

most museums have displays on flint tools etc.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE