Any one tried Dog Sledding

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

fred gordon

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 8, 2006
Aberdeenshire
I must say that I haven't. However, I don't stay all that far from Aviemore where there is a sledding school. I would like to have a go and one of my favourite films is Iron Will which is about the Iditarod ;)

BorderReiver

Mar 31, 2004
Norfolk U.K.
Yes,in Canada and Finland.

If you like dogs and snow and enjoy travelling almost silently through the winter landscape it is a must do experience.

I would spend every holiday dog sledding if I was allowed to but SWMBO isn't quite as enthusiastic as me. :rolleyes:

David B

May 12, 2006
Tadcaster North Yorks
The answer is no not yet!

But we are going to Finland at the end of Feb for a 7 day dog Sledding holiday.
Just me SHMBO a guide and 3 dog sleds.

Will let you all know how it goes.

John Dixon

Forager
May 2, 2006
Cheshire
David B said:
The answer is no not yet!

But we are going to Finland at the end of Feb for a 7 day dog Sledding holiday.
Just me SHMBO a guide and 3 dog sleds.

Will let you all know how it goes.

That sounds great wich com[pany aer you going with what is the cost. ???

silvergirl

Nomad
Jan 25, 2006
Angus,Scotland
Now I am jealous David. I think that would be my Ideal holiday, Pauls not so sure though. I'd rather camp though :rolleyes: . Let us know how you get on.

There is an annual two day race in Aviemore in Feb, I think. I had wanted to go last year but didn't get time, hopefully I'll get up for the weekend this year.
Sounds like the second best way to travel to me :D .

John Dixon

Forager
May 2, 2006
Cheshire
I have sledded a few times mostly in canada, i am off to banff next week for snow boarding and dog sledding :D but in march i am taking a few people with disabilities to Canada to go sledding for a week, about the same prices as finland but with flights included
Check out www.windowsonthewild.com ask for Kat say i sent you

looking for other companies to try aswell......

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE