Any meetups in Kent...

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Hellz

Nomad
Sep 26, 2003
Kent, England
www.hellzteeth.com
Excellent :D

It will be lovely if this comes together. I really enjoyed the meet up at Kings Wood, it cheered me up for at least a week :cool:

If we can't get any woodland for overnight stays I have access to a paddock that could be used for camping, fires etc. It's in the countryside and is just over the road from woodlands (Perry Wood, Selling).

Hellz

Mad Mike

Nomad
Nov 25, 2005
Maidstone
Hellz said:
If we can't get any woodland for overnight stays I have access to a paddock that could be used for camping, fires etc. It's in the countryside and is just over the road from woodlands (Perry Wood, Selling).

Hellz

Sounds good the more options the better - would fires be allowed in the paddock ?

Would access include planting lots of trees ? :lmao:

Mad Mike

Nomad
Nov 25, 2005
Maidstone
Went to see the place today & it looks very good.

It is used by Natural Pathways for Survival / Bushcraft type courses

We have a go for a Sunday

While everyone who attends will have to sign a vistor boundries form :deal:

1st can I have a small number of volunteers to help keep an eye on things :cop:

The worst thing going is emptying the chemical toilet if anyone does not wish to do it with the bears.

looking for maybe 4 :grouphug:

details after we have enough people

Zodiak

Settler
Mar 6, 2006
Kent UK
Hello

I am realtively new to this forum, but I could also suggest the Scout Campsite at Ross Wood (next to Wildwood) as they allow a D&D type fantasy roleplay crowd to use it once a month with no CRB checking.

It may be that they have exclusive use but I can find out.

There is also a small wooded site (1-2 Acres?) near the M2 Service Station south of Gillingham. It is privately owned and used by local schools during the week and Scouts at the weekend, but its not used more that once or twice a month at the moment so they may agree to an overnighter.

They charge £1 per day, possibly less in exchange for a few jobs. Plenty of wood, mainly chestnut and birch I think, and best of all a small discrete flushing loo :)

It is quite small not too near to houses but you can hear the M2 on still nights.

Just a thought.

Hellz

Nomad
Sep 26, 2003
Kent, England
www.hellzteeth.com
rainsbury said:
I could also suggest the Scout Campsite at Ross Wood (next to Wildwood) as they allow a D&D type fantasy roleplay crowd to use it once a month with no CRB checking.

Hey Rains :)

That sounds like a good spot also (I love visiting Wildwoods :D ). Do you know anyone you could ask about it? We could visit the wolves while we were there :cool:

Hellz

2blackcat

Nomad
Nov 30, 2004
bromley
Bloodline

Tried it the week we harvested it. Got a lot of heat but no ember
Did a bit of reading up and decided my best bet was to dry the spindle out for a while

I was thinking of giving it another go this weekend ..... wife willing :(

Chopper

Native
Sep 24, 2003
Kent.
rainsbury said:
Hello

I am realtively new to this forum, but I could also suggest the Scout Campsite at Ross Wood (next to Wildwood) as they allow a D&D type fantasy roleplay crowd to use it once a month with no CRB checking.

It may be that they have exclusive use but I can find out.

There is also a small wooded site (1-2 Acres?) near the M2 Service Station south of Gillingham. It is privately owned and used by local schools during the week and Scouts at the weekend, but its not used more that once or twice a month at the moment so they may agree to an overnighter.

They charge £1 per day, possibly less in exchange for a few jobs. Plenty of wood, mainly chestnut and birch I think, and best of all a small discrete flushing loo :)

It is quite small not too near to houses but you can hear the M2 on still nights.

Just a thought.

Now Now Steve, you know thats a no no :nono:

Mad Mike

Nomad
Nov 25, 2005
Maidstone
:red: :red: :red:
Set for Sunday 9th April At Little Hall Pinetum
9:00 for 09:30 site closes at 06:00pm

Canterbury OS map TR150605

Entrance is up the private road to Alcroft Grange
On the left past Little Hall Farm in the woods
Picture of car park is posted in the gallery
the public right of way paving is distinctive
& there is no height barrier

Site is used for Bushcraft type courses by Natural Pathways
there are some pictures & direction on their website

There are several demo shelters to look at

A Warden will be there on the day , we will all have to sign to
agree to behave :deal: - nothing unreasonable activities limited to
certain areas but free to walk around the whole site.

No mains water on site so I suggest you bring some
water in stream looks OK to filter & boil but is a distance
from were fires are allowed.

There is space to pitch tents , Trees to hang hammocks
(somebody bring a hammock please I want to try one)

I am sure someone will demonstrate fire by friction
& there is space & time for open fire cooking . lots
of brew ups , coal burning bowls maybe ?

please post other suggestions what do you want to do ?

one thing no fungi to be picked as there is an ongoing survey :nono:
finding , identification , & photos are OK

All this for a £5 donation each
Limited to 20 people for our 1st visit.( get in quick )
Those that volunteered are already on list :grouphug:
Larger numbers & overnight possible in the future

With a bit of luck the bluebells leave will be out
when we are there :240:

Any Questions ?

Do you have to be mad to work here ?

Laurence Dell

Forager
Aug 24, 2004
Sevenoaks, Kent
I am definitely up for that :red: , a day visit first is a great idea. It gives the warden a chance to meet us and see that we are well behaved :naughty:

And it gives us the chance to find our way round and plan for a weekend camp at some point in the future :burnout:

What were the main tree species in the areas where activities can take place?
What are the rules regarding cutting vegetation for materials for bushcraft projects, etc.?

:You_Rock_

bloodline

Settler
Feb 18, 2005
England
Well done Mike. Dave will be coming with me he cant post a message at the mo as the kids have poured a can of coke in the PC see you on the day. :You_Rock_

Reactions: Nemisis

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE