Any meetups in Kent...

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Mad Mike

Nomad
Nov 25, 2005
Maidstone
Laurence Dell said:
What were the main tree species in the areas where activities can take place?
What are the rules regarding cutting vegetation for materials for bushcraft projects, etc.?

Hazel & Chestnut coppice I think . There are a lot of pre cut poles etc to use. Which saves a lot of effort :cool:
Some low impact cutting will be allowed its not up to me but I think some poles for a bender would be OK to cut
but not poles for 20 benders :eek:

May 1, 2005
Hi Mike

Glad to hear to that BCUK is meeting in the Pinetum. Count Hannah and me in as well. We look forward to seeing you on the day guys, we would like to offer you a mini workshop as well, say for 2 hours how about a Drum Stalk & Spirit Tracking.

Just on point the poles you talk about are the property of Natural Pathways and have cost us a lot of money. It would have been really nice to have been asked if you could use them. (We do not wish them to be used as we use them for our workshops with the kids and we would like people to respect this please).

Feel free to call me

Its real good that more people want to do this kind of thing, so if you are up for it we would be more than happy to do a free mini workshop for you.

Please ask us if you wish to use any of our stuff...Thankyou

Aye

Geoffrey

Hellz

Nomad
Sep 26, 2003
Kent, England
www.hellzteeth.com
Woohoo!

That sounds great, would be great to meet you and Hannah as I've been planning on doing one of your courses for while now.

My partner is a Reiki Master and it was whilst waiting to pick her up from work that I spotted your poster in Faversham. She said it sounds perfect, but then she is biased ;)

Looking forward to it even more now :D

Hellz

May 1, 2005
Hi Hellz

Good to hear from you, it will be great to meet you as well, Hannah and I also do Reiki.

We think it is really fantastic that people want to come to the woods and share Bushcraft/Survival and Nature Awareness skills.

Feel free to call us anytime...

Really looking forward to meeting everyone on the day

Aye

Geoffrey

Mad Mike

Nomad
Nov 25, 2005
Maidstone
Hi Geoffrey

Glad you & Hanna can come , & thank you for the work shop offer

Sorry about my inadvertent assumption on the poles I honestly didn't know any
materials belonged to anyone else.

Libby (one warden) mentioned there were poles to use rather than cut fresh ones
thinking back she did point to a different area than were the shelters are.

With yourself & a warden on site we should be able to stay on the straight & narrow

Sorry again for any misunderstanding

Mike

Hellz

Nomad
Sep 26, 2003
Kent, England
www.hellzteeth.com
rich59 said:
Sounds great, but will have to miss this one as I will be in Crete.
That's a shame Rich, would have been good to see you. Although I'm sure if it works out we'll be able to arrange something else in the not too distant future!

I'm sure you're not too cut up about it as you'll be in Crete, enjoy! ;)

Hellz

Mad Mike

Nomad
Nov 25, 2005
Maidstone
Hellz said:
Can I provisionally book a place for my other half? She packs up quite small so won't take up much room :D

Ruth is very into nature and I think she'd really enjoy herself.

Ruth added to list

nickg

Settler
May 4, 2005
Chatham
bloodline said:
we will avoid Burns Night this time Nick g ;) and hows the bowdrill BC2 ? ;)

Yeah you know - just once a year. Which is not to say that i may sneak a hip flask along with me.
Definately on for this on - may try out the hennissy finally.

2blackcat

Nomad
Nov 30, 2004
bromley
Mike

Can you add my co-pilot as well?

Seems like a few faces from the first meet will be there

Should have a result for Bloodline by then .... and what's Dave letting the kids near the 'puter for? Doesn't he realise they're more trouble than a shaggy dog?
Talking of which ... is he allowed? He'll behave a lot better this time or find himself walking home

Bardster, could you remind me to talk to you about those leather bottles?

Rich59, can't you commute from Crete?

Geoffrey, bad news for you, I'm afraid. You'll see us twice that month. We're booked in with you for the end of the month

I'm getting quite excited. Better go and have a sit down

May 1, 2005
Great...

I take it you are taking about our Tracking course at the end of April, thats good you will get to practise a little before the course as well...

See you on the day

Aye

Geoffrey

Mad Mike

Nomad
Nov 25, 2005
Maidstone
Limited number of Dogs allowed on site with permission provided they are well trained :lmao: or on-lead and are cleaned up after.

Pm nathe for permission

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE