Any ideas? After a tough rucksack in a bright colour

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Garnett

Forager
Mar 6, 2007
London, UK
Deuter and Osprey look really comfortable and packed with decent technical features but, like North Face, I'm not certain how robust their materials are...

Alice and Molle are a bit too military-looking for my liking.

Garnett

Forager
Mar 6, 2007
London, UK
Just as an update - I'm currenlty waiting to hear back from Aiguille with some questions.

At the moment I'm focusing on Aiguille, Crux (why can't the AK37 come in orange?) and Pod (they look good - the Black Ice looks ideal but too big - looking for a 35l-ish size equivalent - all their others seem to have gone lightweight).

Those three seem to be still making tough rucksacks without sacrificing too much to the lightweight posse.

Settler
Aug 8, 2010
here
Mars%20Red%20d%20h.png

35l and pretty damn bright!

bikething

May 31, 2005
West Devon, Edge of Dartymoor!
Technically you could wear bright orange or yellow and you'd still have the same affect on most creatures,
but not on people... I like walking across the moors, and nothing winds me up more than seeing a far reaching view spoiled by a group of ramblers in dayglo orange and blue anoraks on a hill 5 miles away.. they just draw your eye to them... I don't want to be a blot on someone elses landscape...

Coyote brown seems to be a good neutral colour - doesn't look too military at a distance and doesn't grab your eyes...

as an aside, if green is such a good camoflage colour, then why are most mammals in the UK brown? ;)

santaman2000

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jan 15, 2011
Florida
You might try collecting civilian expedition patches; the sort sold at National parks and some of the specific hiking trails. Sew them on your olive or khaki pack to civilianize it. That might be easier than finding a pack you like in a color you like. I don't know how available such patches are in the UK but if they aren't readily available You might try trading with others in the ultralight community; they tend to hike along the longer trails that would offer them. I have a couple from Tennessee. Also does BCUK offer a membership patch? The idea is rather like the way travelors in the 1st half of the 20th century used to put stickers on their luggage from places they had visited.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE