Any idea what these are?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Robbi

Mar 1, 2009
northern ireland
i'm looking at this from a completely different angle to you guys :(

the 2 rusty rollers you can see inside it are "ribbed" for gripping something, the 2 clockwork cogs are ratcheted with an anti reverse lock, the small lever sticking out below the plate with screws in may be to turn the ratchet ( and thus the rollers ) with a left and right movement ( increase the height of a wick ?) it looks as though it fits into something else at the thin end.

it's not a handle / crank, but a support bracket of some kind.

here we go again ! no sleep tonight !

Last edited:

wicca

Native
Oct 19, 2008
South Coast
I think those rollers have a sort of soft covering on them and the internal rollers, I think...:) grip the strip of lace as it comes off central bed of the main machine. The 'levers' or handles operate as the machine rotates and I lock the parts we're looking at in place, until the operator wants/needs to remove them to perhaps clear a jamb etc:

They are absolutely not German stick grenades...all those cogs and lever bits could hurt someone if they were thrown at a person...:lmao: :lmao:

gabrielsdad

Need to contact Admin...
Feb 6, 2012
north staffs
i'm looking at this from a completely different angle to you guys :(

the 2 rusty rollers you can see inside it are "ribbed" for gripping something, the 2 clockwork cogs are ratcheted with an anti reverse lock, the small lever sticking out below the plate with screws in may be to turn the ratchet ( and thus the rollers ) with a left and right movement ( increase the height of a wick ?) it looks as though it fits into something else at the thin end.

it's not a handle / crank, but a support bracket of some kind.

here we go again ! no sleep tonight !

What 8 was thinking. Im pretty sure they're off a farm conveyor from a harvester etc.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE