Any christian bushcrafter?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Elenias

Mar 17, 2009
Solihull
Who use bushcraft as a medium to meditate on God and pray?
I think it's like the perfect frame to focus on God.
Even Jesus was pretty much a bushcrafter if you think about it :)

Nov 29, 2004
Scotland
I do not think so.

No it is really, read the rules...

5 - Forum subject matter
Some subjects should be avoided on bushcraft uk. Firstly any subject that the moderators say is not appropriate should not be discussed. Particular problem subjects where moderator guidance should be followed are those such as politics, survivalism (often becomes extreme), legal systems, TV shows and criticism of people, religion - this list is not all inclusive and members are expected to follow guidance given by moderators and other members that know the ropes.

6 - Usernames:
Members may have one (1) username, multiple aliases are not permitted. If more than one alias is created on purpose for manipulating the forums, or other personal reasons we reserve the right to ban all instances of the users aliases.

Ahjno

Vice-Adminral
Admin
Aug 9, 2004
Rotterdam (NL)
www.bushcraftuk.com
I do not think so.
"anything bushcrafty you want to talk about"

I am talking about the purpose of bushcraft for some.

Shewie is right here Tristan.

Tony said:
5 - Forum subject matter
Some subjects should be avoided on bushcraft uk. Firstly any subject that the moderators say is not appropriate should not be discussed. Particular problem subjects where moderator guidance should be followed are those such as politics, survivalism (often becomes extreme), legal systems, TV shows and criticism of people, religion - this list is not all inclusive and members are expected to follow guidance given by moderators and other members that know the ropes.

http://www.bushcraftuk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=45

About every thread, if not all, about religion (whether or not in context of bushcraft) ended up in heated discussions - to put it mildly.

So I suggest all to keep out of this thread and let it drift into the archives. If not and this one ends up in a slagging match, it'll be locked immediately and every other thread that pops up starting with this topic will be deleted when its posted on forum.

EDIT: Sandbender beat me to it :)

JohnC

Jun 28, 2005
Edinburgh
Well, I'm a Christian, and I like bushcraft and if I'm outdoors it does let you focus and pray. So it's a "yes" from me.

I appreciate the forum is to be a-political and a-religious, but this doesnt seem too contentious?

Eric_Methven

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 20, 2005
Durham City, County Durham
I do not think so.

I am talking about the purpose of bushcraft for some.

Whether you consider bushcraft as a vehicle to explore christian values, it has little or nothing to do with bushcraft as a hobby or lifestyle choice, except to the christian involved.

However, this site has a strong viewpoint on religious or political discussions and I suspect others will agree it's best to keep questions of such a sensitive and deeply personal nature to meets or gatherings round the campfire, simply to avoid arguments that will get the thread closed promptly.

I'm sure there are christians/muslims/pagans/buddhists/wiccans and many other people who have a strong belief system that use bushcraft as a way of communicating spiritualy with the diety of their choosing, but it wouldn't be a discussion of bushcraft, just a discussion of their specific belief system.

Eric

Elenias

Mar 17, 2009
Solihull
Seriously I'm not discussing/comparing religions, I just wanted to know if some people had the same reasons for bushcrafting as I do.
Is there a need to be fussy?

Anyway, I know that religion can be controversial, but it only is controversial when you make it controversial its not the point.
the fact I believe in Jesus is something really important in my life, does that mean I can't get on with a muslim or an atheist? not at all.
I think it's possible to love and respect someone who doesnt share the same view that you have.
I am sure that, for example lots of people have a different concept of what the best bushcraft knife is, does that mean they have to hate each other and slagg off each other?
not really, if you're not christian, then please just see this thread as something that is irrelevant to you and your lifestyle and not as something offensive because it really isnt.

peace.

Bushwhacker

Banned
Jun 26, 2008
Dorset
I treat this pretty similar to conversation in the pub and there's two things you should never discuss - religion & politics.

Tadpole

Nov 12, 2005
Bristol
Oh I wish people grew up =s
Seriously I'm not discussing/comparing religions, I just wanted to know if some people had the same reasons for bushcrafting as I do.
Is there a need to be fussy?

Clearly, there is a need to be Fussy, because as you have done so in this thread, there are people who think that those who are unwilling or unable to talk about such topic as religion or politics, need to grow up.

Not the best way to prove how non-confrontational a thread is, when you are basically saying only “grown ups” are able to see/talk about the point you wish to make.

Elenias

Mar 17, 2009
Solihull
The problem is that non christian people here feel like they have to contribute to the thread when they clearly dont have to, please if you do not want to talk about it, do not talk about it,
im not opinion raping you.

Nov 29, 2004
Scotland
So I suggest all to keep out of this thread and let it drift into the archives. If not and this one ends up in a slagging match, it'll be locked immediately and every other thread that pops up starting with this topic will be deleted when its posted on forum.

:rolleyes:

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
I do consider myself to be Christian (kind of) Tristan but this is not the right place to talk about such things.

Status
Not open for further replies.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE