Any body know what these are?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

bribri

Forager
Mar 18, 2014
manchester
myhe8u6a.jpg
ybazu9y6.jpg

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Mar 15, 2011
on the heather
I've seen somthing smilar on a pine tree up here , it turned out to be pine resin nodules. The lads here are probably right enough but i cant see any rings on them so perhaps break one in half and have a look , if it looks like resin burn one and have a sniff.

bribri

Forager
Mar 18, 2014
manchester
Ok just cracked one open' and they have concentica type rings in them? So just like crampballs but very very small? Will av a look again in a few weeks an see if they grow? :)

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
Just like 1-2" maybe? Ive never seen them for real' only books and the internet :) just wonderd how qwick they grow?

Check on them every two or three months or so but it'll be likely a year or more before the get to any really significant size

bribri

Forager
Mar 18, 2014
manchester
WOW there massive!! Ive never met anybody on here, so u must have me crossed with sombody else :)

Chiseller

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 5, 2011
West Riding
The biggest in the picture is respectable, the others are a standard size , not that mother creates things standard.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Chiseller

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 5, 2011
West Riding
Wish we found them like that in manchester :( ah well.. :(

You will.....once you've spotted one.....you will see them every where. Just get up on your fallen ash ID :thumbup:

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

bribri

Forager
Mar 18, 2014
manchester
Seen a big fallan ash today on my way home from work' dint av time to stop and av a look' early finish tomoz so gonna av a good old mooch aboot :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE