Any benefits to Tatonka burner over trangia?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Gotte

Nomad
Oct 9, 2010
Here and there
I did a search but couldn't really find anything.
I've seen a lot of mention of people getting Steel Tatonka burners for their trangias, but I've not read of any benefits other than they have a bigger fuel capacity.
Are there any other benefits to the Tatonka?

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
Bigger but the stainless steel takes longer come to blossom. I would only use a real Trangia burner in a real Trangia. The Tatonka is no better than the oversize brass job that comes with the Swedish Military Alcohol stoves IMHO.

andybysea

Oct 15, 2008
South east Scotland.
I disagree,and not because its shiny, its a much better burner than the standard swedish military alcohol stove, with a good burn time, i rate it equal to my brass trangia(personnel opinion)

sapper1

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 3, 2008
swansea
personally I find it an excellent bit of kit ,mainly because it holds more fuel.Enough for a full day out.I don't consider it to be slower at blooming than the trangia as when I stop to have a brew the od couple of seconds doesn't really matter.But it is shiny and we all like shiny.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE