Any Axe Makers?

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
Just wondering who on here can make an Axe to a design? I know of Cegga and Mr Budd , anyone else?

Cheers

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
I was wondering if it would be possible to forge a small axe/tomahawk that has 2 x holes in an extended head , the 1st and 2nd hole are 90 deg to each other.
This would ( I think , happy to be corrected. ) make a usable Small axe and Adze although I appreciate a normal Adze would have a curved edge , and so a flat blade would offer less in the way of depth of bite.

Thoughts appreciated.

Two Socks

Settler
Jan 27, 2011
Norway
I think that the cheek of the axe would get in the way when you try to use it as an adze. It will be tricky to make the adze-configuration of this design cut efficiently.

Biker

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Excuse the 2 penneth input - but why not have the hammerhead of the tomahawk shaped to make the adze part? Then you won't need to remove the head each time you need it. If you need the hammer part then, in a push, you could use the side of the head.

Just a thought.

I'm in the process of restoring a pile of tomahawk axe heads, both fixed headed and take-down ones for eventual sale here and at the Moot. So if you're interested in getting one of those converted as I've described above then drop me a PM. No pressure, just a suggestion is all.

Macaroon

A bemused & bewildered
Jan 5, 2013
SE Wales
Get an old brickie's hammer; great steel and the perfect shape for this mod., I had one made for me some years ago and it served me very well 'till it got "borrowed" :-(

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE