Anvil rail line..

• Hey Guest, For sale we have Hultafors Outdoor Knives with Firesteel PLEASE LOOK HERE for more information or use the Pay Now button in the sidebar

2sheds

May 19, 2011
down Gower
have a look in the photo in JR Caim's post (6th in this thread)
the anvil in the pic is shaped from a length of rail line. nice, smallish but big enough for knives etc.

i gave £5 for about 3ft of rail line from our local railway dismantlers, reckon it weighs close to 60kilos (tempted to weigh it in) it should make 2 or 3 nice little anvils.

just need to find the time

Whittler Kev

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 8, 2009
March, UK
bushcraftinfo.blogspot.com
I cut a lump out of a section of rail (took forever (about 1/2 an hour) with a 9" angle grinder - loads of very hot sparks but little disk wear) then welded an old tractor draw bar pin (super hard spring steel) to it which I ground down to make the horn ;)
Preferred to use the big anvil though so welded a peg on the bottom so it goes in the Hardy hole for smaller work like making eye bolts, spoon blade curves, etc :)

Last edited:

Everything Mac

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 30, 2009
Scotland
My portable anvil is made from rail track. - It makes a very nice wee anvil for smaller stuff.

All the best
Andy

Hultafors Outdoor knife for Sale

We have a a number of Hultafors Outdoor Knives with Firesteels for sale.

You can see more details here in this thread OUTDOOR KNIVES The price is £27 posted to the UK. Pay via the paypal button below.