antler/horn

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

munkiboi182

Jan 28, 2012
taverham, thorpe marriott, norfolk
hi guys an gals

im trying to find a reasonably priced source or antlers and horns of any variety for a few projects i want to try my hand at. does any one have any idea where to look or if you have the odd bit going spare. i've been round all the local areas where the deer roam free but to no avail. im after the tines in particular but any shape/size pieces will do

cheers

simon

ex-member BareThrills

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Dec 5, 2011
United Kingdom
highland horn. Great company and will pick out the right stuff for your particular application. Good discounts for quantity too. No connection just a former satisfied customer

Andy T

Settler
Sep 8, 2010
Stoke on Trent.
The price of antler has really gone up lately. Not so long ago i bought 3 red deer antlers for £18, they cost more than that for one now. Munkiboi depending on how much you need and how big i have a few off cuts in the shed.

ex-member BareThrills

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Dec 5, 2011
United Kingdom
I used to sell antler and highland horn were by far the cheapest option. IIRC i used to get tines for 75p each posted although i was buying 150 at a go. They were not much more for lower amounts. If you buy a load you can sell the surplus on ebay for a tidy profit. I was selling them for around £12 for 5 and they flew out the door

Bartooon

Nomad
Aug 1, 2007
New Forest
On a similar tack, anyone know where to buy reindeer antler offcuts or smaller lengths. I've tried a Google search but lost the will to live after going through page after page after page of those damn stupid things made to be worn by kids / dogs/ cars / half-wits at Christmas!

Jun 5, 2012
Wales
Pets at home sell antler as dog chews. Just bought a nice piece as a handle for a sparky stick for £4.

I think you have to have a rummage and pick the best piece. They do bigger pieces bottom well for (I think) £5
and £8

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE