Antler catapult

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

huntersforge

Oct 14, 2006
southern scotland
Hi Chaps
Having decided to make a start to turning my antler mountain into some useful stuff . I set about making a catapult. I selected a fork which felt good in the hand and set to work with a small saw and some sandpaper.
I added double theraband gold elastic to the finished catapult and I am pleasantly surprised how well they shoot.

DSCF0563.jpg

DSCF0564.jpg

cowboy

Banned
May 3, 2010
The shire
Looks great mate! Iv done the same thing in the past and Antler is a great material for it!! Im so jealous of the sheer amount of antler you have!! Where do you source it all from??

huntersforge

Oct 14, 2006
southern scotland
Thanks for the feedback fellas. A friend of mine shoots loads of stags every year and is kind enough to pass the antlers on to me.
I am pretty green when it comes to working with antler but I guess with practice I will improve. My next project is going to be a firesteel holder/handle combo. I will stick a pic up of the finished article.:)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE