Antique Thomas Turner & co draw knife large.

fishfish

Jul 29, 2007
wiltshire
now sold ,many thanks for all the interest.I am offering this for sale to forum members before i offer it on Ebay.

Believed by many to be the cream of drawknives,here is some info on the company:

Thomas Turner & Co was established in the early 1800s by Thomas Turner and was based at the Suffolk Works on Norfolk Street. Its 'Encore' trademark was registered in the mid 1800s, having previously been registered by another cutler, Luke Brownell.

Thomas Turner & Co made a large range of goods including table knives, saws, files and edge tools. Like some of the other larger cutlery firms, it also produced and forged its own crucible steel using imported Swedish bar iron. The company supplied the Navy with open razors and exported its knives across the British Colonies.

By the late 1800s Thomas Turner & Co was one of the most important cutlery firms in Sheffield. By the early 1900s it had increased in size by merging with the cutlery firms Wingfield, Rowbotham & Co and Joseph Haywood & Co. This increased its number of employees from 300 to 1,000.

From the research i have done it would appear that these large sized Thomas Turner & Co draw knives easily make £50.00 at auction,I am offering it to forum members for £35.00 incl P&P to any UK destination,EU and overseas please pm me for price of postage.

Also as most folk are monthly paid a deposit of £20 would be accepted to reserve this fine drawknife untill the end of the month.

Thomas Turner & co draw knife by fishfish_01, on Flickr

thanks for looking.

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE