anti malaria medication

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Andy BB

Apr 19, 2010
Hampshire
I'm currently taking Larium as I'm travelling around a fair bit over the next few months - never had any of the side-effects in the past apart from just one vivid multi-colour dream - and so far so good on this trip! THe "one-a -week" pill suits me better than daily dosing.

I'd also second the cover/DEET up, as Dengue fever is pretty widespread nowadays, and there is apparently no preventative medicine or post-infection treatment other than treating the symptoms. And with Dengue, the carriers bite you during the day, leaving the evening for the Malaria mozzies...

jungle_re

Settler
Oct 6, 2008
Cotswolds
Always take Malarone for my frequent extensive stays in west africa now - it does supposedly but a bit of extra pressure on the liver but the short lead in time and post time are a benifit and the side effects for me have been non existent it also supposedly one of the most effective. Never had any problems on doxy either though it isnt meant to be as effective as Malarone but is considerable cheaper than Malarone (. The paladrine tabls are rubbish (i was issued these in the Army) and my doc told me that they wont issue these anymore as they arnt effective against many strains. Avoid Lariume in ,y experience at all cost - really bag sickness and halucinations for me.

shep

Maker
Mar 22, 2007
Norfolk
Larium(Mefloquine) - truly horrendous dreams and tremor which wasn't good given I was working the last time I tried it. A friend of mine's depression relapsed badly after taking it

Doxy - I had no trouble with this at all

DEET - works, but rots some fabric coatings and paint and bleached my leather-bound journal. Keep it off your pinch pots!

Lynx

Nomad
Jun 5, 2010
Wellingborough, Northants
Malarone is now the only one I use after trying the one recommended by my Dr. Got nothing but stomach pains and indigestion for two weeks it was awful had bad dreams as well. I have had no side effects from Malarone and by them online for the best deals. Highly recommended.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE