Antarctic job vacancy

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
i applied for one of there construction jobs about 10 years ago, was blown away with how many candidates apply even for little or no money, the idea of five months down south and 12 months up north, was enough to get me going, i dont care about the money what a life changing trip.

daft as it sounds when i win the lottery on saturday the three places i want to "holiday" at are the north and south poles and a two month trip to the Falklands, fishing ,bird watching, seal,whales and penguins and to find and be with a few fallen friends, beautifull.

then after that its norway for the whole winter to warm up!!

forgot to say came no where near getting the posting , shame i was gutted

Everything Mac

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 30, 2009
Scotland
I think that would be a real experience. I'd love to do it. If only this came up a few months back.

I've only just started my job. :(

The Cumbrian

Nov 10, 2007
The Rainy Side of the Lakes.
I went to Antarctica with the British Antarctic Survey when I was 22 and it was one of the best experiences of my life. When the kids are grown up I'd like to go back, but I'll have to wait a while yet.

It wasn't just the Antarctic part of the trip that was great. On the way I went to the Falkland Islands, South Georgia and the South Orkney Islands, sailed past the South Sandwich Islands with their volcanoes and Shag Rocks.

If you want to go, apply for it. Remember that shy bairns get nowt.

Cheers, Michael.

DanBow

Nomad
Nov 29, 2010
Wrexham, North Wales
application completed, about to write my cv and letter. I told swmbo about it she told me to go for it. Getting paid to go on a 5 month adventure. Yay. i love my wife.

Good luck to everyone from here that has applied.

dan

Tengu

Jan 10, 2006
Wiltshire
A good idea. Im afraid for me the continent is useless, no history and no opportunity for mineral extraction.

(But you have to admit the Dry Valleys are fastinating.)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE