another swedish bargain!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

RAPPLEBY2000

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Dec 2, 2003
England
I've come across another piece of top kit for bushcrafting!

swedish army "jeep" coat.

a very heavy canvas coat with two huge pockets. (as on smock) pine forest green, with a button in fleece liner which can be worn as a seperate jacket(with its own set of buttons, also lined in a canvas!

i got mine for £12! brand new!

my snow(now brown) smock fits over it!

it seems ideal for cold days around the camp, climbing through brambles/hawthorn ect. :biggthump

Gary

Apr 17, 2003
from Essex
I have looked at these and thought maybe they were to heavy and being cotton canvas to moisture obsorbing for the damp british climate but I would be interested to know how you fare with it. :?:

Pictures and a litle review might be needed! :biggthump

MartiniDave

Aug 29, 2003
Cambridgeshire
I got one of those a forthight ago! I was robbed, I paid £12.50!!

I agree with Gary's comments about the weight, but for driving a series 3 landy in the winter it could be just the thing. I'm planning to wash the outer with nikwax.

Dave

Neil1

Oct 4, 2003
Sittingbourne, Kent
My Swedish bargain arrived yesterday, 35ltr daysack (also brand new) very simple design (no outer pockets) and very robust, modern materials. For 35ltrs it dwarves my Munro 35. I can see why Viking said its uncomfortable to wear (looks like its needs carefull adjustment), but a new harness design should sort that out.
I'll probably add some mesh "dump" pockets on the sides for water & cooking kit and replace the metal buckles for "Fastex" ones and I should have a nice little bushcraft pack.
Neil

RAPPLEBY2000

Dec 2, 2003
England
oh i do agree! really heavy! :shock:
not something i want to go on long walks with, just for sitting around camp, getting through tough vegetation and cold mornings/evenings.

i can almost do it up round the front of our baby carrier, so it will keep our baby cosy too!

oh by the way note the price at silvermans! :yikes:

let me remind you mine was £12, in un-used brandnew condition!

this link will take you to "silvermans" just run a search for "swedish" there are only a few items, and click on the jeep jacket.
swedish military jeep coat

my wife says it looks like the sort of thing a farmer would wear simular to a wax jacket, it dosen't look military at all. :biggthump

Viking

Settler
Oct 1, 2003
Sweden
www.nordicbushcraft.com
I think I know wich one you mean "Windcoat or warm coat m59". My personal opinion on this one its that it´s crap, if you are going to wear it in the wilderness.
There is a modern version of this one "Warm coat m90" that is much better. It is mostly used in winter time when standing still a lot like when you are on post or are having longer breaks during marching. It can also be used along with the "warm trousers m90" as a sleeping bag.

Gary, I will bring the ant and jacket for the winter trip so you can see how it works.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE