Another Quick release group buy

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

BigM

Forager
Jul 2, 2009
The West
Hi Graham, is it too late to look for 5 more? I'm in Ireland; will that be a problem regarding postage fees etc?

g4ghb - 10
Stuart69 - 10
Stooboy - 5
Globetrotter - 10
Verloc - 5
sensi5446 - 5
Mikey P - 5
Elines 5
Waddcal - 5
nigelp - 10
gunslinger - 10
Smokoe - 10
Sparkplug - 20
BigM- 5

TOTAL - 115

First post too btw!!!

M

g4ghb

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 21, 2005
Wiltshire
shouldn't be an issue M - you are on the list and welcome to BCUK ;)

bert333

Settler
Jan 15, 2008
Earth- for awhile longer...
10 for me please Graham

g4ghb - 10
Stuart69 - 10
Stooboy - 5
Globetrotter - 10
Verloc - 5
sensi5446 - 5
Mikey P - 5
Elines 5
Waddcal - 5
nigelp - 10
gunslinger - 10
Smokoe - 10
Sparkplug - 20
BigM- 5
Bert333 - 10

TOTAL - 125

thanks Graham

tommy the cat

Feb 6, 2007
SHROPSHIRE UK
I'll have 5 as well please many thanks.
g4ghb - 10
* Stuart69 - 10
* Stooboy - 5
* Globetrotter - 10
* Verloc - 5
* sensi5446 - 5
* Mikey P - 5
* Elines 5
* Waddcal - 5
* nigelp - 10
*Smokoe - 10
*Sparkplug - 20
Tommy the cat 5

g4ghb

Sep 21, 2005
Wiltshire
will give it another day or so so it's had a full week then I'll close the list confirm the price with the supplier and send out PM's with details re payment etc

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
I'll take 5 please Graham

g4ghb - 10
Stuart69 - 10
Stooboy - 5
Globetrotter - 10
Verloc - 5
sensi5446 - 5
Mikey P - 5
Elines 5
Waddcal - 5
nigelp - 10
gunslinger - 10
Smokoe - 10
Sparkplug - 20
BigM - 5
Bert333 - 10
Tommy the cat - 5
dave1942 - 10
Shewie - 5

Nice65

Brilliant!
Apr 16, 2009
W.Sussex
I like the look of these. How easy are they to separate? Is it possible to lose something like a SAK if it was swinging about or do they need a really good pull?

g4ghb

Sep 21, 2005
Wiltshire
They need a really good pull mate! - in fact you have to depress the 'plunger' to separate the pieces, it is not simply a friction connection. Inside are 3? (don't have one with me at work to confirm) little ball bearings that fit in a groove. The more you pull it appart the tighter they force into the groove. When you depress the plunger it allows the balls to retract into the housing enabling the unit to separate.

I have just re-read that twice and I'm still not sure it makes sense but can't think of a better way to describe it! :eek:

sparkplug

Forager
Jan 24, 2008
East Anglia
I can second Graham's confusing explanation and would simplyfy it thus:

Q. How easy are they to separate?
A. On purpose - very easy, by accident - almost impossible.

Q. Is it possible to lose something like a SAK if it was swinging about?
A. I'd say no. I guess you could take a 500g weight on one end and swing it around with no trouble at all. Very secure.

I'd put my SAK on it without hesitation.

Nice65

Brilliant!
Apr 16, 2009
W.Sussex
They need a really good pull mate! - in fact you have to depress the 'plunger' to separate the pieces, it is not simply a friction connection. Inside are 3? (don't have one with me at work to confirm) little ball bearings that fit in a groove. The more you pull it appart the tighter they force into the groove. When you depress the plunger it allows the balls to retract into the housing enabling the unit to separate.

I have just re-read that twice and I'm still not sure it makes sense but can't think of a better way to describe it! :eek:

No, that's cool. I knew about the ball-bearings but imagined pulling them apart just forced them into their housings, like a cupboard door clip.

I think the GB here is from OneStopLocks, where I get lobster clips and splits. They also do a handy solid steel ring, perfect for threading these clips onto. I have 10 of these, 9 are spare. Free to anyone who wants them, one per person depending on demand.

I'll buy a couple of clips I think, saves complication, and see what I think. Good luck with the GB.

bert333

Settler
Jan 15, 2008
Earth- for awhile longer...
I can second Graham's confusing explanation and would simplyfy it thus:

Q. How easy are they to separate?
A. On purpose - very easy, by accident - almost impossible.

Q. Is it possible to lose something like a SAK if it was swinging about?
A. I'd say no. I guess you could take a 500g weight on one end and swing it around with no trouble at all. Very secure.

I'd put my SAK on it without hesitation.

Fil
I trsut it with my TK6!
Don't you remember seeing my Falkniven TK6 in kydex sheath + firesteel dangling on one of those at Horizons?
it works!
It would take huge force to brutalise it to the point it would separate-:)

Nice65

Brilliant!
Apr 16, 2009
W.Sussex
I'm curious about what you mean Nice65.. don't suppose you have a pic of the steel ring you mention?

I've got a pic for you but I don't want to post it here. I don't have selling priviledges so I will post a freebie. Basically a welded steel ring 1.2" outside diameter. I hook mini prybar, Spydie Bug, Gerber Clutch etc on it. There are 9 and they're free.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE