Another PC prob

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Opal

Native
Dec 26, 2008
Liverpool
:rolleyes: You've been helpful in the past and thanks for that lads, now as I use my mouse, the pages jumps a lot, sometimes back to the top, this mouse is only a couple of weeks old, yet when I use the touch pad, it's okay? what's happening, I did notice this happened a while back but not the same mouse.

Toadflax

Native
Mar 26, 2007
Oxfordshire
I presume that it is an optical mouse?

What surface are you using it on? I've sometimes found optical mice to jump around a lot on some surfaces. Try putting it on different surfaces (even a plain piece of paper) and see if that improves matters.

Geoff

Opal

Native
Dec 26, 2008
Liverpool
No mate, that don't work, it's more of a judder, I use it on leather, paper, cotton :) makes no difference, I thought maybe the wheel is the problem, I sometimes depress the wheel to move down the page quick if it's a long page.and that's okay

Opal

Native
Dec 26, 2008
Liverpool
No good Rik, I've tried adjusting the mouse speed etc, still jumping as I scroll.
Methinks I need to find the receipt for it, bought from Comet jus over two weeks ago. :(

madfaxman

Need to contact Admin...
Jan 27, 2007
Belfast
www.vocalireland.com
I know this maybe a stuipd idea and you may have already checked it.

But

You said when you use the touchpad it moves just fine??

Try to disable the touchpad from the control panel and see if that works better, sometimes even thou the touchpad is "OFF" it still picks up movement and that maybe causing it.

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
No good Rik, I've tried adjusting the mouse speed etc, still jumping as I scroll.
Methinks I need to find the receipt for it, bought from Comet jus over two weeks ago. :(

I had similar problems around February time and when I changed the mouse all was well.

Asa Samuel

Native
May 6, 2009
St Austell.
Is it when you are scrolling? Are you clicking and holding the bar that moves the pages up and down? If so, if you move the mouse too far to the side while holding the bar, it will jump back to where you first were and then back again when you put the mouse back towards the bar.

maddave

Jan 2, 2004
Manchester UK
Also check you have any drivers installed that came with the mose. Most mice are plug and play and windows will use a generic driver, however if it came with a proprietary driver it may sort the problem :)

dwardo

Bushcrafter through and through
Aug 30, 2006
Nr Chester
Try the mouse on another machine, if its the same its knackered.
If its ok on another machine its possibly software/drivers issue.

:)

Opal

Native
Dec 26, 2008
Liverpool
It's just when I'm scrolling, barely touching the wheel with my middle finger :rolleyes: been working over night so can't get to the shop till Sunday earliest, gotta be a dodgy mouse surely?

This is the second one in six months, the one I'm on now is this the last one was this which just stopped working, unlucky with mice I guess. :)

Opal

Native
Dec 26, 2008
Liverpool
Visited Comet before they closed this evening, they exchanged the mouse and all is well....for now tho' the wheel feels a little stiff :rolleyes: thank you all again for yer valuable input, appreciate it. ;)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE