Another Hobo Mod

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

g4ghb

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 21, 2005
Wiltshire
I like the idea but am sure I would find the connectors would catch on everything and anything and drive me crazy........

however they create a much wider and more stable base and that has to be a good thing!

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
I like the idea but am sure I would find the connectors would catch on everything and anything and drive me crazy........

however they create a much wider and more stable base and that has to be a good thing!

Maybe if they could be mounted on the inside that would help ?

g4ghb

Sep 21, 2005
Wiltshire
Maybe if they could be mounted on the inside that would help ?

I wondered that Rich, you could use the 'pop rivet thingys' used on car fabrication - kinda like a pop rivet but with a threaded inside. (no idea of their proper name though so wouldn't be able to get any as I wouldn't know what to search for though :lmao: )

wouldn't help with the great stability that globetrotters has though ;)

Last edited:

Globetrotter.uk

Jan 24, 2008
Norwich UK
I did want to use Rivet nuts but the tool and bits costs a bit for one of use, So the legs are from the IPK kit and the screws are fence screws cut down. I'm hoping the legs wont be affected by the heat, only a few tests will tell. As for catching on things, it stores away in my leather bag with no probs.

beeperboy

Mar 16, 2010
Calgary, Alberta
I made a similar hobo stove a few weeks ago.

hobo1.jpg

hobo3.jpg

hobo5.jpg

hobo6.jpg

I added the legs to make it more stable on uneven ground and snow, and I like the idea of it being up a little higher, as I'm getting too old to bend down that low.

BB

Zingmo

Eardstapa
Jan 4, 2010
S. Staffs
I never intended to join the hobo making game, but wifey recently bought me an Ikea drainer (without being asked!) so I felt obliged to have a go.

This is it so far:
4452227114_d7539c1148.jpg

The s/s wire legs stowed:
4452215330_65d26b1af4.jpg

And all packed away:
4452204838_3c61f1e4e6.jpg

I have only lit this once and I was amazed that it managed to boil some water!

Z

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE