Another from Sheffield

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Oct 5, 2009
Sheffield
I've been lurking on the forums for some time now but thought it was about time I got myself registered.

I currently live in Sheffield but originally from Skipton, North Yorkshire and have spent many a happy hour tromping across the dales.

I guess I've been unwittingly practicing what many would call bushcraft ever since I was a child but I have a special interest for creating 'stuff'. Mostly in wood but recently I've been looking at metalwork and needlework to create my own kit.

Bushcraft means different things to different people but to me it's all about learning to make the best of what you have. I don't feel the need for a £400 celebrity endorsed knife or load myself down with 100 Kilos of expensive gear. Cover the basics and the rest will look after it's self.

I've gained a lot from the good folks here (thank you) but just as importantly, I've learned a good deal by getting out there and doing and would like contribute in turn. I have a couple of ongoing experiments with lightweight hammock insulation and it's getting nippy out there. Now might be a good time to share :)

scrogger

Native
Sep 16, 2008
east yorkshire
Welcome Dan. Dont be shy about sharing the results of your experiments ref hammock insulation its something I am looking at right now too.

Oct 5, 2009
Sheffield
Indeed Matthew, I'd thought about organising a small outing before the last of the leaves fall. I have a decent site just south of Rotherham but would want to keep numbers down to 3-4 or so

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE