Another e-bay numpty

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

TROOPER

Aug 17, 2009
essex
Thought you would all appreciate a laugh.:rofl:
$(KGrHqRHJEUFCZwUUQyYBQ)2zK!Bg!~~60_1.JPG

As usual it's amazing what some people will pay for stuff on e-bay when they think it's a bargain and it says RM somewhere on it. :banghead:

The Ray Mears 30th anniversary badge that Mr Mears sells on his sight sells for £2.95 with free p&p

I just found this one on flea bay http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Ray-Mears...294?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item27cde4d00e
and with over 3 days to go its already at £5.50 GO FIGURE????????? :aargh4:

Bucephalas

Jan 19, 2012
Chepstow, Wales
I just had one of those with my Ray Mears "Buy 2 Mora Robusts for £20" deal.
If I get a fiver for mine then I had 2 Mora's for £15! It keeps getting better.

Thetillerman71

Need to contact Admin...
Mar 9, 2012
Gloucester
Remember putting an old watch on EBAY last year and gobsmacked I got 350 pounds for it - thought I'd be lucky to get about 30 pounds for it. But was the numpty the bloke being prepared to give me 350 for it? or was I the numpty for letting it go for 350? so it seems somewhat relative based on the perception of worth to both parties. I was chuffed with the price and he was chuffed with the watch - even told me he took it to his watchmaker for a service! what sort of person has their own watchmaker?...lol

brambles

Settler
Apr 26, 2012
Aberdeenshire
Remember putting an old watch on EBAY last year and gobsmacked I got 350 pounds for it - thought I'd be lucky to get about 30 pounds for it. But was the numpty the bloke being prepared to give me 350 for it? or was I the numpty for letting it go for 350? so it seems somewhat relative based on the perception of worth to both parties. I was chuffed with the price and he was chuffed with the watch - even told me he took it to his watchmaker for a service! what sort of person has their own watchmaker?...lol

Many moons ( 20 + years ) ago I was chatting to a guy who owned the pub I was working on the door of, and he offered me £400 for my watch which was a cheapo Swatch I'd bought as a throwaway in case it got damaged. I thought he was joking but it turned out he collected the damn things and mine was a rare one that they only made a few of, so you never know ....

Dave

Hill Dweller
Sep 17, 2003
Brigantia
Probably someones Mum buying it as a present for her son, as a little Xmas pressy, as she knows he likes Ray Mears, but she has never been on the RM site

TROOPER

Aug 17, 2009
essex
Well the seller is now making a GOOD profit as it's now up to £10.59, i'm sorry i expect your right and someones buying it as a present and doesn't have a clue they are available for a couple of quid, but flippin heck! at this rate i think i will buy a load and e-bay them meself. Old Mr tactical-security is in for about 400% profit at this rate, not a bad rate of return.

carabao

Forager
Oct 16, 2011
hove
I was looking at the Barbour website as I was interested in the one worn by James Bond in Skyfall, well they are about 200 you can pre order and delivery in January, it's for my boy so I check on ebay selling between 600 to 800 people are still bidding but gues what seller can't deliver till January. I have a dilemma on me hands here. I think not !

TROOPER

Aug 17, 2009
essex
No i agree Blacktimberwolf and i wasnt trying to be derogatory at all, i totally appreciate that the intrisec value can often outway the actual face value, i guess what i was trying to get at is the fact that a lot of people seem to think that because something is on e-bay it is unobtainable anywhere else at a better price, and hence often pay over the odds on goods that they really have no need to, or on reflection is it just the thrill of the chase so to speak? :dunno:

Perhaps i'm the Numpty because i just don't get it :11doh:

Firelite

Forager
Feb 25, 2010
bedfordshire
The same seller is doing RM Australian hootchies and I believe the description they use is pretty much a direct quote from RM's own promotional description. I think there might be trouble brewing on this....

Bushwhacker

Banned
Jun 26, 2008
Dorset
The same seller is doing RM Australian hootchies and I believe the description they use is pretty much a direct quote from RM's own promotional description. I think there might be trouble brewing on this....

Why will there be trouble? Ray's had his money from the sale of his wares. No different than folk selling woodlore knives on here.

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
Why will there be trouble? Ray's had his money from the sale of his wares. No different than folk selling woodlore knives on here.

Copyright... Legally you can't use his name without permission to sell things on ebay

Woodlore hootchie description
Ray's favourite way of sleeping out when travelling is with a hammock and hootchie (otherwise known as a tarp or basha).

This excellent, multi-purpose flysheet is a smaller version of the Ray Mears Super Tarp, and is perfect for use when travelling light and on your own. It provides shelter from the sun and rain, as well as protection for precious belongings.

Features stitched-in loops so that it can easily be converted into a tent using a centre ridge pole, or made into a waterproof roof above a hammock. Also features 'popper' fasteners so that multiple Hootchies can be attached together to provide extended shelter if necessary.

Designed in Australian camouflage colours which blend in naturally with most surroundings, this hootchie is made from a tough 100-Denier Nylon with a PU coating.

Please note that the Guy Lines needed for this Hootchie are sold separately.

Dimensions: 2.7m long x 1.75m wide

Weight: 684g

Ebay sellers description
RAY MEARS AUSCAM HOOTCHIE BASHA RRP £105.00

Ray's favourite way of sleeping out when travelling is with a hammock and hootchie (otherwise known as a tarp or basha).

This excellent, multi-purpose flysheet is a smaller version of the Ray Mears Super Tarp, and is perfect for use when travelling light and on your own.

It provides shelter from the sun and rain, as well as protection for precious belongings.

Features stitched-in loops so that it can easily be converted into a tent using a centre ridge pole, or made into a waterproof roof above a hammock.

Also features 'popper' fasteners so that multiple Hootchies can be attached together to provide extended shelter if necessary.

Designed in Australian camouflage colours which blend in naturally with most surroundings, this hootchie is made from a tough 100-Denier Nylon with a PU coating.

Dimensions: 2.7m long x 1.75m wide

Weight: 684g

It's clearly a cut and paste from Woodlores online shop and that's another copyright violation :nono:

Dogoak

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 24, 2009
Cairngorms

Intellectual copy right, plagiarism, what ever you want to call it. If they have copied or used someone elses description they are in breach. It all depends if someone brings it to ebays attention.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE