Another bushcraft title!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

RJP

Jan 22, 2004
Kent
I have just come from my local bookshop where I have found a little gem.
'The New Way of the Wilderness' by Clavin Rutstrum. It was first published in the 1950's and is along the lines of Nessmuk but with more detail, covering travel by foot, canoe, packhorse and dog sled and much more. I have read the first couple of chapters and it looks great. Anybody else read it?

It is on Amazon for £7.84

Cheers,
RJP :-D

bigjackbrass

Nomad
Sep 1, 2003
Leeds
Rutstrum was a wonderful writer, occasionally a bit short on specifics but very inspiring. In the same series are reprints of his "Paradise Below Zero," which is a superb read if you fancy winter camping, and "Once Upon a Wilderness" which is less immediately practical. Several of his other books remain out of print, although if I recall correctly he did write one on compass technique and navigation which is still around. Abebooks.com is a good source for the less easily available titles, as ever.

falling rain

Native
Oct 17, 2003
Woodbury Devon
I've got the book and it's brill. If you look on the amazon website (link above by RJP) I wrote the review for this on there. One of my favourite books in the Bushcraft type category. As i said in the Amazon review a good little section on open Canoeing if your just getting in to it.
Nick From Oxford - Scooter !!
:super:

Jan 21, 2004
i had this one, back in the 60's, but goodness knows where it is now....

great read..... think a trip into the loft is in order!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE