Annual Travel Insurance

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

scoops_uk

Nomad
Feb 6, 2005
Jurassic Coast
Hi All,

I'm not going to be able to make the moot after all, I don't have enough leave now that I'm going to spend a week sailing north of Bergen in the Fjords :D

Anyway, I've decided to invest in an annual travel policy and obviously I want one that covers me for doing silly things in remote places.

Can anyone reccomend a policy that covers the more adventurous activities we all like? I suspect we're talking a little more than adding winter sports cover!

Scoops

scoops_uk

Nomad
Feb 6, 2005
Jurassic Coast
Thanks Fred, I'll give that a look.

I've found VentureGuard that looks interesting too and included just about everything you could get up to.

Want a few so I can compare and reccomendation is always helpful.

Scoops

Stuart

Sep 12, 2003
Do you really need travel insurance for Norway? your medical cover might be covered by your 'European Health Insurance Card', its worth looking into.

Have you been to Norway before? I had my first (though very brief) visit last week, stunning country!

Some pictures to wet your appetite, this is Odda, which I highly recommend visiting if you get the chance.

P1010080.jpg

P1010079.jpg

The late evening view from my window:

P1010069.jpg

hold onto your wallet though, Norway is hellishly expensive!

crazyclimber

Need to contact Admin...
Jul 20, 2007
UK / Qatar
The EHIC gives you (I believe) the same emergency medical treatment as a resident of that country. The problems arrive if you need longer term treatment, repatriation, rescue (for example by helicopter), etc. Last thing you need is a bill for tens of thousands of pounds for that chopper time landing on your doorstop when you get back!

I use the BMC for annual cover, which includes things like walking, rock climbing, ice climbing and other daft things in Europe, then upgrade for however long I'm going if I go further afield. Think it's around £150 a year for the alpine and ski cover, you can buy just days or weeks though. Very friendly people, inclined to pay up and ask questions later from what I've heard from a couple unfortunate people who've needed their services. Got a good reputation.

Stay safe and enjoy your trip :)

scoops_uk

Nomad
Feb 6, 2005
Jurassic Coast
Do you really need travel insurance for Norway? your medical cover might be covered by your 'European Health Insurance Card', its worth looking into.

Have you been to Norway before? I had my first (though very brief) visit last week, stunning country!

Hi Stuart,

I am likely to be more than 12 miles offshore at one point or another which rules out normal most travel insurance policies, also as crazyclimber mentioned it's the S&R bill that is the worry. I'm sure I'm covered medically, it's just getting to the hospital or home again that could be an issue.

Not been to Norway before, only Sweden, but I'm really looking fjorward to it ;)

Boat will be a ScanYacht 391 which looks like perfect transport for that part of the world.

I've looked at Royal Yachting Association and BMC, but the trick is getting an annual policy that covers every likely eventuality. Bushcraft + sailing + mountain sports etc

Scoops

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE