Anniversary gift

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

jacko1066

Native
May 22, 2011
march, cambs
Good evening bushy people!!

It's mine and my wife's first anniversary on the 2nd of June and I am after some inspiration for a gift for her.

It's not a money issue im asking this,although i dont want to spend a lot as i am taking her away for a weekend in june,and we have agreed not to buy each other gifts,but info want to mark the occasion.
i could easily buy her a present of some description but I would rather have something made that's personal or try and make something myself, although having the skills is an issue lol!!

Im pretty sure that the traditional gift for a first anniversary is paper but again this doesn't help me much lol!!

So what do you think people? Any of you talented makers out there got any inspiration for me or have something laying around that is perfect for the job??

Cheers all
Steve

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
Oh there's lots of ideas on the paper front, tickets to something are paper. What about a love message in a bottle for her, or a paperchase quiz round the house or town leaving clues to a place or thing? A nice copy of a favourite book, or a photo album of your first year. All these print places do personalised calendars, journals, diaries. Or a night at a beach with a fire going and (if you agree with using them) 12 of those paper lanterns that you light and they float up into the sky. They look lovely and you could have a romantic meal on the beach.

Just some ideas, but only you know what your wife would like.

GB.

jacko1066

Native
May 22, 2011
march, cambs
Oh there's lots of ideas on the paper front, tickets to something are paper. What about a love message in a bottle for her, or a paperchase quiz round the house or town leaving clues to a place or thing? A nice copy of a favourite book, or a photo album of your first year. All these print places do personalised calendars, journals, diaries. Or a night at a beach with a fire going and (if you agree with using them) 12 of those paper lanterns that you light and they float up into the sky. They look lovely and you could have a romantic meal on the beach.

Just some ideas, but only you know what your wife would like.

GB.

Thanks for the reply mate, other than the paper chase I have pretty much done the rest for her lol however the message in a bottle is a top idea, I like the phrase "1 down forever to go" that could work well in a bottle!!

Cheers
Steve

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE