animals i have seen

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Brocktor

Banned
Jul 25, 2006
uk
during the last month i have watched 2 foxes eating a sheep through my binoculars for about 15 mins, and today i see a bird of prey close up coming out of its nest :) i think it could of been a red kite.

thought id share!

Brocktor said:
during the last month i have watched 2 foxes eating a sheep through my binoculars for about 15 mins, and today i see a bird of prey close up coming out of its nest :) i think it could of been a red kite.

thought id share!

Hi,

My parents have just got back from Wales. They went there to watch Red Kites.

At one of their favourite spots my mother counted 34 Red Kites :yikes: I plan to take my family there next year - when we get the Lavvu from the group buy ;)

Phil.

Ogri the trog

Mod
Mod
Apr 29, 2005
Mid Wales UK
Too Much Kit To Carry said:
Hi,

My parents have just got back from Wales. They went there to watch Red Kites.

At one of their favourite spots my mother counted 34 Red Kites :yikes: I plan to take my family there next year - when we get the Lavvu from the group buy ;)

Phil.

Phil,
Any idea which site they went to, there are plenty in this part of the world - saw one this morning in the field in front of our house.

I'll try to keep the camera handy over the next few days if it returns.

ATB

Ogri the trog

chrisanson

Nomad
Apr 12, 2006
Dudley
Hey Ogri,

I will ask for the location and PM it to you - I would not be happy to put it on an open forum as I believe that some of the birds are fed during the winter months.

Will speak to my parents to ge the location and PM you.

Cheers,

Phil.

good for you, we would probably have to send the SAS down to guard them!! :(
chris

chrisanson said:
good for you, we would probably have to send the SAS down to guard them!! :(
chris

Thanks Chris. Gonna leave you some rep for that comment ;)

I don't wish to be guarded but you can never be too careful. I'm sure that the members of BCUK have the best of intentions - but this is open to all who have internet access.

Cheers mate,

Phil.

JonnyP

Oct 17, 2005
Cornwall...
Brocktor said:

thought id share!
Nice one Broktor, I love watching foxes.....Were they squabbling over the food at all, or just getting on with it...?
This is what a red kite looks like, note the large fan tail....
redkite800el8.jpg

JonnyP

Oct 17, 2005
Cornwall...
Beautiful birds and amazing to watch.

Thanks for posting the picture Jon.

Phil.
There have been sightings of them round here, but I have only ever seen them over the M4 at reading.....
Thanks to the bbc for the photo, it is a free download though.....

Biddlesby

Settler
May 16, 2005
Frankfurt
Red kites really are recovering well, I saw loads in wales too and I hardly ever look to the skies, nevermind know a sparrow from an eagle!

Brocktor

Banned
Jul 25, 2006
uk
about the foxes i saw - i was walking down a path about 4.30 and just as i came over a hump 2 foxes darted away from the sheep and into bushes, i waited 10 mins but they did not come back. i noticed the sheeps back half end had been eaten with the front and head looking fresh. i went back at 4.35pm the following day (this was about oct 25th) - another quarter of the sheep and the head was no longer there. i took a spot about 20 meters away. 5 mins later one appeared out of the grasses directly in front of the sheep. for about 10 minutes he sniffed around the area and seemed to be starring directly at me, then licked the carcus and took a few calm bites. then went back into the grasses and did not come back as a man walked past with his dog.

maybe this was a male fox checking the coast is clear before it brings its partner?

Jodie

Native
Aug 25, 2006
London
www.google.co.uk
A couple of weeks ago I was walking past the closed gates of the Natural
History museum in the evening and spotted what I thought was a cat
(because it was so close to me and my experience of foxes is that they
rarely get that close - plus it was dark!) walking on the inside of the gates
just a few inches away.

It seemed almost tame and didn't flinch when I stopped to look at it. The
foxes in Greenwich seem a bit more streetwise.

Around about the same time I stayed with a friend in Nottinghamshire who
mentioned that they are always tripping over pheasants, and sure enough
we saw a few while I was there, just running across the road. Not very
traffic savvy :rolleyes:

pierre girard

Need to contact Admin...
Dec 28, 2005
Hunter Lake, MN USA
We live in one of the best spots in North America to view raptors. Every autumn thousands of them fly south along the north shore of Lake Superior, and the woods around us are full of them. A few miles from us is Hawk Ridge. Here are some of the raptors they've seen threre this autumn (totals are on the bottom of the graph).

http://www.hawkcount.org/month_summary.php?rsite=288&go=Go+to+site

PG

moocher

Mar 26, 2006
Dorset
i remember in weymouth,dorset years ago,it was dusk and i seen 2 joggers with i thought a dog,trotting in front of them but as they passed me it was a fox.going along in front.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE