Wanted Andal Tool Canadian forest knife

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Magua

Jan 24, 2020
Germany
A buddy of mine has one but the steel is not to great. He will be asking a knife maker to make him a clone in PGK or AEB-L steel, should I ask him to safe the specs for you?

Reactions: Dan1982

DocG

Dec 20, 2013
Moray
Hi
IMHO this looks like a Mors type of knife. If you're after a really good interpretation, get a Rob Evans Bushtool instead: there'll be no issues with the steel if you do.
Sorry, don't mean to hijack the thread, just interested in a knife I'd never heard of before.

Reactions: SCOMAN

Dan1982

Jan 14, 2006
Cumbria
Hi! It's exactly a Mors type of knife! James Andal is/was an instructor at Karamat. I have 2 of Robs Knives currently and am well accustomed to the quality of his work. On this occasion however I'm Only really looking to source one of these. They appear to be quite hard to source in the UK and I think they're only produced in quite limited quantities.

Thanks for your help

Dan

Dan1982

Jan 14, 2006
Cumbria
A buddy of mine has one but the steel is not to great. He will be asking a knife maker to make him a clone in PGK or AEB-L steel, should I ask him to safe the specs for you?
Pm sent mate

steve a

Settler
Oct 2, 2003
south bedfordshire
I had one for the last 14 months and never had an issue with the steel. James works with Karamat and built the knife to reflect Mors’s ideal knife. I know a number of Karamat instructors use them and Mors had one as well.
There are some good reviews on BushcraftUSA
Difficult to get hold of in the uk but good luck in your search.

Dan1982

Jan 14, 2006
Cumbria
I had one for the last 14 months and never had an issue with the steel. James works with Karamat and built the knife to reflect Mors’s ideal knife. I know a number of Karamat instructors use them and Mors had one as well.
There are some good reviews on BushcraftUSA
Difficult to get hold of in the uk but good luck in your search.
Thanks mate, I really like the look of the whole set up and as you say, good reviews over the pond. I believe the blades are cut from old saw blades, 1075 steel perhaps. Regardless, I would very much like to get my hands on one for my colllection.. so if you or anyone is willing to part with one then please let me know.

Cheers

Dan

steve a

Settler
Oct 2, 2003
south bedfordshire
Thanks mate, I really like the look of the whole set up and as you say, good reviews over the pond. I believe the blades are cut from old saw blades, 1075 steel perhaps. Regardless, I would very much like to get my hands on one for my colllection.. so if you or anyone is willing to part with one then please let me know.

Cheers

Dan
Dan, I only know of two in the Uk ( there maybe more) mine and a friend who bought his at the Global bushcraft symposium in Canada.
I’m afraid I’ll be keeping mine, it might be worth dropping James a message on his Facebook page, you never know.

Dan1982

Jan 14, 2006
Cumbria
Bump on this. If anyone has one or knows of one in the U.K. Then please let me know. I don't have social media but if anybody knows of one through Facebook sales groups etc or can source one I'd be forever indebted..

Thanks guys

Last edited:

C_Claycomb

Moderator staff
Mod
Oct 6, 2003
Bedfordshire
Since this is the Wanted area, it doesn't need to be a trade. @Magua, your friend can say what he wants for his knife, you can tell Dan, and he can buy it if he wants.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE