and for a little comfort camping?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

marcelxl

Settler
May 2, 2010
Kamloops, B.C.
How do......

In the next week or so the bread knife and I will be having us Lavvu.

This is for comfort camping/longer stays where carrying space/weight is not an issue.

So, I am now looking for something to sleep on thats a little better than the mats I have (1xSnugpak & 1xOther similar)
What do you use for a little comfort?

Previously had some carp fishing bed chairs which are favourite again but I would like some kind of decent & thicker roll mat type if possible.

Thank you

Marc

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
We've been using a pair of Alpkit Fat Airics for a couple of years car camping, I think they're called the Dozer now. Comfy as chuff at 7.5cm thick.

I'd be tempted to go with beds me sen though, I think there's a decent army one which some folk like.

Expat

Forager
Feb 9, 2012
Dorset for good...!!
As a space-saver, I used a couple of inflatable (the ribbed, beach-type) mats inflated to about 60%.
In UK, the air will inside will chill, so use your normal mat on top as insulation and you'll be nice and toasty....

Elines

Oct 4, 2008
Leicestershire
Camp bed

+

exped 7

+

2" thick memory foam mattress (we got a 4" one for the bed at home and I cut up the old one)

+

silk liner

+

a square 'proper' pillow

That's for roughing it - I'm still working on my super comfortable version:)

gabrielsdad

Need to contact Admin...
Feb 6, 2012
north staffs
Im in the exact same position as you. Ive just brought a double airbed. Its about 18" hi, and two chambers if air deep. My lavvu arrives monday, what are you getting?

markphelan

Tenderfoot
Feb 24, 2011
Birmingham UK
...Ive just brought a double airbed...

We had an airbed for a time, but I hate breaking the quiet of the outdoors when pumping it up (either with a footpump or an electric one). I didn't actually think it was that comfortable either - I often woke up sweating and when sharing it with the missus every movement from her side was amplified on mine!

Andy BB

Apr 19, 2010
Hampshire
We had an airbed for a time, but I hate breaking the quiet of the outdoors when pumping it up (either with a footpump or an electric one). I didn't actually think it was that comfortable either - I often woke up sweating and when sharing it with the missus every movement from her side was amplified on mine!

ah - so you haven't tried the "flying leap onto your side to see how high the mrs can fly" routine yet? Works even better if she's still asleep:)

mountainm

Bushcrafter through and through
Jan 12, 2011
Selby
www.mikemountain.co.uk

I have one of the coleman double chambered ones - each side pumps up separately to be as had or soft as you want and you don't get the associated movement issues. Got it when the missus was preggers.
http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0015ULY...de=asn&creative=22218&creativeASIN=B0015ULY9K

peaks

Settler
May 16, 2009
Derbys
Been using Fat Airic and Gelert type camp bed when car camping for some time. Works great. Used to use air mattresses, but found they weren't that comfy and developed cold spots unless you put a foam mat underneath.

M

marcelxl

Settler
May 2, 2010
Kamloops, B.C.
Im in the exact same position as you. Ive just brought a double airbed. Its about 18" hi, and two chambers if air deep. My lavvu arrives monday, what are you getting?

Likely this one in the 8-10 man flavour:
http://www.tamarackgroup.co.uk/acatalog/Helsport_Finnmark_6-81.html
Opting for the firebox too I reckon....... buy once, cry once!

Should have said that it's for 4 season use and we are leaving these shores this Autumn so it should be good for all round use! Liking the look of some of those options although dunno if I can justify £150squids each on some Thermarests though!

Thanks for your feedback folks, appreciated!:You_Rock_

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE