...and couple of carved girly things..

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

goodlife

Jan 12, 2014
Notts.
I had some mulberry tree prunings that were heading to the stove...and made myself a shawl pin and pendant..

They received home made beeswax and almond oil polish and still need another coat or two to make them 'shine' touch more.

Macaroon

A bemused & bewildered
Jan 5, 2013
SE Wales
What lovely things - Mulberry is new to me as a carving wood, but very beautiful; post as many of these as you like!

goodlife

Jan 12, 2014
Notts.
Mulberry is new to me as a carving wood, but very beautiful; post as many of these as you like!

I haven't used mulberry before neither...so it was big surprise how nice the wood is to carve. Certainly doesn't lack character. Here is some wrist thick pieces I split to show how wonky the grain is. It has quite strong yellow tinge to it at first but that is already started to mellow out and the warm colours in the carved pieces are coming through.
100_1828.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Last edited:

goodlife

Jan 12, 2014
Notts.
Nice shaped pin. My head can never get round these shapes, always tends to be symetrical (and less creative)

Oh I don't tend to think of these things...they just come as they 'please'...or I carve where the wood give in easiest and end up having these 'wobbly' shapes.

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Those are lovely :D and I think they'll have even more character as they age too :cool:

Nice to see pretty and practical :D

cheers,
Toddy

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE