An unusual commission...here be dragons...

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Dreadhead

Bushcrafter through and through
Just finished this one which I would say was a bit of an unusual request. It started out with being sent several dozen images and about 1001 ideas, which I had to bring down to reality and tease out the details to make it achievable. Not one to back down from a challenge, eventually, we ended up with this design :)

It is a kindle cover for one who loves all things Dragon. The centrepiece designs on each side are drawings I was sent, the writing around the edges I was to make up as fictional dragon/sorcerer text, and the corner on the back was to appear to be torn open with dragon scales revealed from underneath. The inside was to be lined with something approximating dragon skin, and the whole thing was to have a rustic look to it. The colours were also chosen.

HalfGoat Dragon Kindle Cover 2 by Hamish Odinson, on Flickr

HalfGoat Dragon Kindle Cover 3 by Hamish Odinson, on Flickr

HalfGoat Dragon Kindle Cover 5 by Hamish Odinson, on Flickr

HalfGoat Dragon Kindle Cover 6 by Hamish Odinson, on Flickr

HalfGoat Dragon Kindle Cover 8 by Hamish Odinson, on Flickr

Thanks for looking :)

bopdude

Feb 19, 2013
Stockton on Tees
Trying to view on my phone it's saying invalid links, I think it's my side, I'll take a look later on the pc, but looks great, really nice work. How long did it take ?

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Samon

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 24, 2011
Britannia!
Fair play to the customer, his or her friends will be jelly!

You've done a fantastic job as always, best out there right now! ;)

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
Stunning stuff Hamish, a better amalgamation of imagination and skill would be harder to find, your customer is going to be very happy.

Sent via smoke-signal from a woodland in Scotland.

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
Thanks for all the feedback! :) I had no idea so many people would like this, and it's also hit like a storm over on FB. Stay tuned for more of these over the coming season I think... ;)

The one I've designed in my head would be a simpler comission. Just relatively plain but with "Don't Panic" in large friendly letters on the cover. :D (In my head my kindle is the Hitch-Hikers Guide.)

Sent via smoke-signal from a woodland in Scotland.

dewi

May 26, 2015
Cheshire
Makes my iPad mini cry that its in such a shoddy case when it could be in a work of art like that! Me thinks you've just found a new (rather large) market for you amazing talents Hamish.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE