An important one for me!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

rhyan

May 19, 2009
UK
Last October we adopted a little girl and today for the first time I took her to the Peaks for a little bit of outdoors goodness.

Nothing major just a ramble into the woods, a bacon butty and then little one having to use a compass to find the trail again. She also found a fallen birch and collected some bark for fire starting after remembering me telling her about it at home a few weeks ago - well spotted.

Her current knife is a Ritter RSK MK5 (point rounded off and so blunt you could ride bare ar$e to London on it!) , but apparently Santa is bringing a pink SAK.........

Sorry no face photos, she is still classed as looked after and cannot for legal reasons. However, you can see Rolo the teddy sporting his new blue Bivvy bag!

Not the best pics, but mean the world to me!

Have a great weekend :)

mick91

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
May 13, 2015
Sunderland
Looks like you, the bairn and rolo had a great day out! Good on you and sure when Santa brings the sak it'll be cherished

Russell96

Forager
Jul 19, 2005
Surrey
That is fantastic and also I think it is so wonderful when people adopt. Looks great for all of you.
Thanks for sharing.

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
Looks a crackin' day out Rhyan, and though the first of many it'll be the one you both remember in the years to come. As to the pink thing something that comes to mind is a father commenting on the pink hillwalking boots that I was stocking in the shop. "As long as it encourages my daughter to get out and have fun they can have fur trimming with rhinestones on." Very true, us chaps are pandered to as to colour and style (just think of the Heroes of Telemark or Mr. Tacticool photos of the chaps on here :eek: )
Chuffed it's all going well for you, I know a few folks that have gone through the adoption process and have the highest regard for them, and the rewards are great too.

rhyan

May 19, 2009
UK
Thanks everyone - we did a pitstop on the way back at Decathlon and now have Pink walking boots and rucksack.... Joy! LOL!

She is a good kid who loves the outdoors (as I type she is making a new home for the Woodlice she found under a rock in the orchard.)

Good times :)

rhyan

May 19, 2009
UK
Yeah, I couldn't quite figure out the bottle opener! Oh well, I am sure I can use that bit ;)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE