An idea for brewing up

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

mick91

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
May 13, 2015
Sunderland
I like most of us here love a brew while I'm out, love a brew at pretty much any point in the day in fact. And usually just fling a tea bag in my pocket and use that.
After being given a sample from my sister, I'll never take a tea bag again! These guys http://www.teacakesyork.co.uk/teacakes-own-blend.html and that tea are quite possibly the best I've ever tasted (except my stephs home mixed fruit ones!) Just wrapped it up in the corner of some voil I use as mossie net and let it soak. Reminds me of a lad I know with 2 Milbank bags, 1 for water one for proper filter coffee. Under 2 quid for a sample pack that you get quite a few cups from, but a welcome treat outdoors. Half tempting to ask for a BCUK discount code.
As you know ladies and gentlemen, I'm not one for expensive, gimmicky poncy things, but I'm sold on that stuff!

Mar 15, 2011
on the heather
I'll never take a tea bag again! These guys http://www.teacakesyork.co.uk/teacakes-own-blend.html and that tea are quite possibly the best I've ever tasted
Hi Mick91
I just managed to ditch the tea bags full time the last time I was on the Great Glen Way, I forgot to pack some Tea bags so I tried Pine needle tea for the first time, I'm a big fan of lemon tea and so before I even tasted the pine tea I could I could smell the citrus and vitamin C, so ace stuff, Now I have to try the roasted dandelion root again so I might be able to ditch the 3 in 1 coffee sachets to. Anyhoo Quote "but quite possibly the best I've ever tasted " now that's got to be worth a try. Cheers for sharing that one, you cant beat a good brew or three in the morning, what's the water like where you are?

Last edited:

mick91

May 13, 2015
Sunderland
Hi Mick91
I just managed to ditch the tea bags full time the last time I was on the Great Glen Way, I forgot to pack some Tea bags so I tried Pine needle tea for the first time, I'm a big fan of lemon tea and so before I even tasted the pine tea I could I could smell the citrus and vitamin C, so ace stuff, Now I have to try the roasted dandelion root again so I might be able to ditch the 3 in 1 coffee sachets to. Anyhoo Quote "but quite possibly the best I've ever tasted " now that's got to be worth a try. Cheers for sharing that one.
Never much been one for loose tea or fancy coffee, but I have to admit it's much better tasting! Great people to deal with too delivery even rivals HH! Pine needle tea is a firm favourite of mine too, I actually tried it accidentally at first :lmao: windfall in my boiling water while I was collecting firewood, smelled ok so decided to drink it. The rest is history so they say
I'm all for small business too, and to give an idea these people say if you're wanting to speak to someone phone after 12 because they're busy baking

Last edited:

mick91

May 13, 2015
Sunderland
Speaking as a total slob so long as some one else makes it for me, all tea is wonderful.
Well said sir! Even bad tea is still pretty good. I think we outdoors sorts are a bit of an untapped market for those people though. We happily brew up pine needles so why not take a bag of loose tea

Hammock_man

May 15, 2008
kent
I will drink tea bag tea even if the tea bags are 250 for 37 pence or some such. BUT a good cup of tea can and does rank with a fine wine.

mick91

May 13, 2015
Sunderland
I will drink tea bag tea even if the tea bags are 250 for 37 pence or some such. BUT a good cup of tea can and does rank with a fine wine.
Couldn't agree more. I actually made tea wine before, don't imagine it would qualify as either good tea or fine wine, but was very pallitable either way

mick91

May 13, 2015
Sunderland
I love a good loose tea brew. Took a fancy to it whilst in Sweden and took some lovely fruity stuff back, also got a swedish friend who brings me some back whenever she is home.

SWMBO got me this tea strainer for my last birthday, most useful axe i've ever had!

10669120_10154995598200444_2003842740873859516_o by Hamish Odinson, on Flickr
I've ordered a couple of the fruity ones in sample packs to see if I like them. Thought £1.80 each what am I losing if they're undrinkable! Ordered a decent bag of the regular black tea.
That strainer is incredible :D damn you dreadhead I'm going to have to go on a novelty strainer hunt now!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE