An Homage to the Spyderco Squeak

Muddypaws

Jan 23, 2009
Southampton
I've just finished making this knife, and thought I would share it with you.
P4040318.jpg

P4040323.jpg

Some of you might find the shape familiar, as I have paid homage to (ripped off!) the Spyderco Squeak, which is fast becoming the favourite of my EDC rotation. Because I love it so much I thought I would make a little fixed blade along the same lines. Here is my effort with its more refined sibling for comparison.
P4040320.jpg

P4040327.jpg

P4040329.jpg

I don't usually go much for making full tang knives, because I use old leaf springs as my material, and getting a curved spring into a flat blank takes too much heating, beating and grinding for my liking, but this is very small knife, so not too bad to do. I went for a 22 degree scandi grind, with 30 degree micro bevel, because I will primarily use it for converting big sticks into smaller sticks! The handle is granite effect Corian, which I have never used before, but I acquired a small offcut for free.

If Mr Sal Glesser should happen to see this then please remember that imitation is the sincerest form of flattery, and if he should ever decide to make a fixed blade Squeak then I would still buy it, because it would be a million times better than mine!
Thanks for looking.

laro13

Nomad
Jan 21, 2010
The Netherlands
If Mr Sal Glesser should happen to see this then please remember that imitation is the sincerest form of flattery, and if he should ever decide to make a fixed blade Squeak then I would still buy it, because it would be a million times better than mine!
Thanks for looking.

Your in luck that you didn't put a hole in it, than you would be in real big problems!!! :cool:

Just kidding, very nice knife!

I like the granite effect Corian very much.

Peanut

Tenderfoot
Jul 21, 2011
Essex
That's pretty cool! I'm a big fan of the squeak for my EDC and it looks just as good as a fixed blade. Good job!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE