An apology

mick91

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
May 13, 2015
Sunderland
To anyone that's had a custom from me. I've never had to make one for myself and realise now how hard it is to decide on design!

dazcon

Nomad
Jan 8, 2010
clydebank
I get my design down on paper and tweak the design until it looks right to me, then I cut it out in steel. Then after holding it and getting a feel for it I almost always change it again!! What looks great on paper isn't always that appealing in the flesh so to speak. It pays to keep your options open I find.

dewi

May 26, 2015
Cheshire
To anyone that's had a custom from me. I've never had to make one for myself and realise now how hard it is to decide on design!

Riddle me this and riddle me that, I've trouble understanding, what do you think about that?

Have I missed something with my Scottish gallivanting Mick?

mick91

May 13, 2015
Sunderland
I've decided to make myself a knife, I don't mind making them when people know what they want but when it's for myself it's too hard to decide what I fancy!

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

mick91

May 13, 2015
Sunderland
I get my design down on paper and tweak the design until it looks right to me, then I cut it out in steel. Then after holding it and getting a feel for it I almost always change it again!! What looks great on paper isn't always that appealing in the flesh so to speak. It pays to keep your options open I find.
My process usually goes paper, template card, plywood mockup then steel. But I've liked a good few designs in the past its hard to decide for myself :lmao:

dewi

May 26, 2015
Cheshire
I've decided to make myself a knife, I don't mind making them when people know what they want but when it's for myself it's too hard to decide what I fancy!

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

Can a decorator paint his own house? A signmaker design his own sign? Same thing.

Inspiration... I've found that Pinterest to be a great place to look at stuff... not really into the whole commenting thing on it, but its a good place to see plenty of piccies :)

mick91

May 13, 2015
Sunderland
Can a decorator paint his own house? A signmaker design his own sign? Same thing.

Inspiration... I've found that Pinterest to be a great place to look at stuff... not really into the whole commenting thing on it, but its a good place to see plenty of piccies :)
That's absolutely right Dewi!
I always liked a little drop point I made for someone around here before hold and handling wise.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE