An agreeable (re)find

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

spandit

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 6, 2011
East Sussex, UK
Have been desperately trying to clear some space in my garage to store my ever growing collection of bushcraft stuff. Whilst sorting through some old tins that I haven't opened in years, found a nice brass WWI-style trench lighter and a keyring knife/fishhook sharpener

What stuff have you stumbled across that you had forgotten about/thought you'd lost?

Vyvsdad

Nov 15, 2011
london
Why do you need photos? Take the mans word for it and join in with the fun.
I found some tent pegs, do you want photos of those?

Mr Finch

Aug 16, 2011
Hampshire, UK
I found some ripstop nylon in the cupboard under the stairs the other day and made some hammock tubes today. My first ever attempt at sewing with a machine and I am so proud of them that I will start a separate thread over in DIY tomorrow. :) with photos... ;)

Never seen that so would like to see a photo if you could please. :)

jackcbr

Native
Sep 25, 2008
Gatwick, UK
www.pickleimages.co.uk
I've lost somewhere in the loft or shed my fire bowl and mini grill. Would really like to find them again. I wonder what I'll find whilst searching for them. Really need to sort the loft, there as boxes up there that haven't been opened since we moved in ten years ago.

spandit

Jul 6, 2011
East Sussex, UK
Why do you need photos? Take the mans word for it and join in with the fun.
I found some tent pegs, do you want photos of those?

Thank you for your support, but I've bowed to the pressure:

b0c32ee1.jpg

I was given a Spyderco Double Stuff today so it's kind of academic now but I suppose it's fairly coarse so will be useful to remove larger dings

monkey boy

Jan 13, 2009
london
very nice find mate, my old pup tent I took to glastonbury when I was 17, i found it covered in dust in the shed, I may start using it again.
oh yeah photo
5284f98a-e6f4-bae6.jpg

Mr Finch

Aug 16, 2011
Hampshire, UK
Thanks Spandit. There was a tobacconist near here that used to sell them. I just thought they were cute and used one for about 2 years. Never realised they were a WW1 lighter!

spandit

Jul 6, 2011
East Sussex, UK
I think it was a French design. I'm presuming mine's a copy. It works OK but not sure how much I'll use it. Might put it up for trade in the future

sasquatch

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jun 15, 2008
Northampton
I found my first real folding jack knife my dad gave me as a kid when I last went home a few years back. I brought it back with me, cleaned it up and took it out camping. Amazing what you can do with a wee folder when it's all you bring!

Photo0342.jpg

Here it is with my other kit taken out on a cowboy style camp. Not a drugstore cowboy camp, just a cowboy camp! The folder is over 20 years old now. It was nice to be re-aquainted with it...

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE