An afternoon in the woods. (Pic heavy)

resnikov

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Partickpebbles and myself have permission to use a local wood. We hadn't been up to it yet so this afternoon with my 2 little helpers we went up to it to have a look around and get a lie of the land.

First thing was finding a nice area to make camp. We had a little wander round and found a suitable location. Got the helpers out the way with a picnic :rolleyes: so we could make a start on the campfire. Partickpebbles was trying to score some of their crisps. :p

2011-01-30%2011.57.32.jpg

With the fire going we got a brew on.

2011-01-30%2012.09.27.jpg

Then in my girls' eyes the best part of the afternoon. Marshmellows with dad. I think they would have been happy without me and just the marshmellows :p
2011-01-30%2012.41.52.jpg

Partickpebbles trying his hammock.
2011-01-30%2012.51.31.jpg

With the tarp up and shoe holder sticks.
2011-01-30%2013.39.27.jpg

We all had a good time and learnt a few things.

shutz

Forager
Jan 5, 2011
cumbria
kids+marshmellows=happ faces!!! I know ours absolutley love it when you have a fire and they can cook sausages and then for pudding do marshmellows..Looks like you all had a great time.

tommy the cat

Feb 6, 2007
SHROPSHIRE UK
Great pics there buddy. Why the shoe sticks?
I know why where there are nasties scorpions spiders etc...... just make sure they are far enough out the way that if your hammock dropped to the deck your not gonna land on them!
D

Partickpebbles

Dec 18, 2010
South Milford
Great pics there buddy. Why the shoe sticks?
I know why where there are nasties scorpions spiders etc...... just make sure they are far enough out the way that if your hammock dropped to the deck your not gonna land on them!
D

Was a kind of set up practice really, and wanted to have a go at all aspects. Also makes it easier to get to em!

tommy the cat

Feb 6, 2007
SHROPSHIRE UK
Not a criticism we all have to find the best way for us just curious.
I don't tend to do that but many do I have my boots under the tarp by my side so I can get to them when nature (always !) calls.
As said my concern although unlikely would be hammock failure landing on boot or spike. As said lovely pics of the family.
D

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE