Amusing little film

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Macaroon

A bemused & bewildered
Jan 5, 2013
SE Wales
Stumbled on this on you tube, thought it amusing and good work as well :)

[video=youtube;K1H6lkDBQnY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K1H6lkDBQnY[/video]

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
That was fun :)
I think the folks making it had fun too though :D

I'm not keen on his half stripped timber though. I'd have preferred it back to the wood, but that's me.
He's certainly got a heck of a workshop :cool:

Cheers for the link Mac :D

M

Klenchblaize

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 25, 2005
Greensand Ridge
Very cool.

If all the half stripped timber could have been the one shade of pale green it would have looked truly awesome.

K

MilkTheFrog

Tenderfoot
Nov 10, 2015
United Kingdom
Video must have taken more work than the project itself ;) Had to plane a few planks of structural wood with a tiny block plane this week so man are my arms jealous of that planer right now...

woof

Apr 12, 2008
lincolnshire
Video must have taken more work than the project itself ;) Had to plane a few planks of structural wood with a tiny block plane this week so man are my arms jealous of that planer right now...

I purchased an electric planer last year, I'm self employed as a gardener/landscaper & use it for that, they are so easy to use. I have all Hitachi cordless tools & they have proved to be great.

Rob

Fraxinus

Settler
Oct 26, 2008
Canterbury
Nice advertising video for the black and yellow junk tools but a fun video to watch despite that.:)
All for recycling old floorboards, done a fair bit of that myself, albeit furniture related not wall cladding.;)

Rob.

Tiley

Life Member
Oct 19, 2006
Gloucestershire
I reckon that if I had Darth Vader and Spiderman helping me, I could probably do that!

Great little film - thanks for sharing it.

They are compared to their older iteration that was Elu and they don't stand a chance against Festool.

Rob.

You may well be correct - I have no experience with either of those brands. I've certainly heard of and read about Festool products, but they are 3 or more times the cost of perfectly adequate tools in many cases - I've never seen any of them in use. Not many tradesmen (none that I know) can afford to give $1500 for a festool miter saw when a Bosch is $500, and DeWalt is $300 - no matter how many tricks it can do. Carpentry just doesn't pay that much around here. Also this - I have several DeWalt tools that are still servicable after 10+ years of commercial use. Even if they Are junk. You see an awful lot of them on job sites.

Fraxinus

Settler
Oct 26, 2008
Canterbury
You may well be correct - I have no experience with either of those brands. I've certainly heard of and read about Festool products, but they are 3 or more times the cost of perfectly adequate tools in many cases - I've never seen any of them in use. Not many tradesmen (none that I know) can afford to give $1500 for a festool miter saw when a Bosch is $500, and DeWalt is $300 - no matter how many tricks it can do. Carpentry just doesn't pay that much around here. Also this - I have several DeWalt tools that are still servicable after 10+ years of commercial use. Even if they Are junk. You see an awful lot of them on job sites.

Most craftsmen and craftswomen who use Festool tools do more than just nail some 2x4 together, they also look past the initial cost of the tools and towards their quality and how they work as a system.
http://festoolownersgroup.com/index.php might show just how many of your countrymen use them, it is the USA based forum for them, and just what is made using them. This thread may give an idea about the 'system' http://festoolownersgroup.com/member-projects/stair-building-almost-step-by-step!/ . What it comes down to really is how easy do you want to make the process of getting your project done?
After over 30 years at it, I can think of none better.:)
Rob.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE