Amazed!!

knifefan

Nov 11, 2008
Lincolnshire
I've just spent the last 9 yrs living in a rural area and moved to the edge of a large town a couple of months ago. This morning I heard a cuckoo for the 1st time in 9yrs!!!! Well happy!!! :) :)

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk

JonathanD

Ophiological Genius
Sep 3, 2004
Stourton,UK
First time in years that I've actually seen one. Only a fleeting glimpse, but makes a great change from just hearing them.

Clouston98

Woodsman & Beekeeper
Aug 19, 2013
Cumbria
We've got one over our back fence that loves making his noise! They are a lovely bird, funnily enough I always hear him but never see him? :)

dwardo

Bushcrafter through and through
Aug 30, 2006
Nr Chester
Just back from a weekend in the woods and both mornings I had one drilling the tree above me. Not much fun at 5.am!

Teepee

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 15, 2010
Northamptonshire
I've noticed more this year. Saw a pair mating last year in the Cairngorms last year on a wild scottish telegraph pole.

One drove me nearly mad a couple of weeks ago in wales, it was on a cuckoo marathon. Every 10 seconds, most of the night.

So far, It's being good year for the wildlife after the mild winter. Never seen so many fledglings about and I've seen 6 lizards these past 2 days locally where I've never seen them before. I just had to stop while driving home for a crossing grass snake

Joonsy

Native
Jul 24, 2008
UK
We've got one over our back fence that loves making his noise! They are a lovely bird, funnily enough I always hear him but never see him? :)

yes they seem to be able to ''throw their voice'', they never seem to be where the song ''appears'' to come from, i was watching one on cannock chase myself :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE